In Scribblenauts, players use the NDS touch-screen to help their character Maxwell acquire the Starite in each level by solving a series of puzzles armed with their stylus, notepad and imagination. Players jot down the word for any object that comes to mind in order to reach the goal. Every object behaves as it would in the real world, and players can combine countless objects to create completely new scenarios. Every level has more than one written object to use as a solution, opening up the game to endless replay.
In Scribblenauts, players advance through ten worlds, each with eleven puzzle and eleven action levels for a total of 220 challenges to complete. Each level has a “par” for the number of objects suggested to finish the level. Beating a level with under par, earns “Ollars”, the in-game currency, which players can use to purchase new levels and music.
Players over 12 years old, or accompanied by an adult, that bring a Nintendo DS and a copy of Scribblenauts to the queue at the London Dungeon on Halloween (Saturday, 31st October 2009) between midday and 3:00pm can receive a newly created Scribblenauts level via the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection.
This will be the only time this macabre level will be available to the public.
- Create Your Own Interactive Experience: Objects you write down in the game are only limited by your imagination.
- Everyone Can Play: Pick-up-and-play fun for everyone.
- Touch-screen Controls: Easy to pick up and play on NDS. If you can tap, you can play!
- Unlimited Replay Value: Use less objects to increase your score, or experiment with different objects for endless replay value. Write anything; solve everything!
- Playground Mode: Play the entire game in a sandbox style right on the title screen.
- Create and Share Levels Online: Share levels you create with the Level Editor via Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection.
More articles about Scribblenauts