Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artefact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat and mouse against a fugitive war criminal who is after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city.
Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything – but has his luck finally run out?
Here’s the list of (most of) the changes. Some changes have been withheld to protect the innocent.
- Addressed respawn points when the artifact goes out of bounds in the Plunder gametype
- Dynamically adjust the win condition for fewer players during the course of a match
- Added features to deter players from voluntarily leaving during a match
- Added rate limit to “When a Chapter is Completed” Twitter event
- Fixed a display issue during letterboxing
- Fixed Danish Trophy description
- Fixed screenshot utility in standard definition resolutions
- Fixed the “Players Met” list not displaying recent players
- Addressed a variety of Multiplayer connectivity issues
With Halloween on the horizon, Naughty Dog wanted to take this spooky occasion to announce that this weekend is also our first ever Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. The Double Cash Weekend starts on Friday, October 30, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST and continues until Monday, November 2, 2009, at 11:00 AM PST.
In every match during Double Cash Weekend, you’ll be getting twice the Cash award you normally would for completing typical game actions – not medal-related currency awards – giving everyone a leg up in increasing their Rank for a limited time. That means this weekend is the perfect time to hop on to our Competitive and Co-op Multiplayer modes – whether you’re just a few levels away from the vaunted ‘X’ or this is just your first time online.
A bunch of Naughty Dogs will also be playing this weekend, so be on the lookout for the red Naughty Dog paw next to our PSN ID in the game and feel free to say hi, ask any questions or shoot at our characters. Stay sharp! There might be something spooky around the next corner…
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the follow up to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, will feature up to 10 players in 5-versus-5 competitive gameplay. Cooperative multiplayer modes allow up-to-3 players to progress through a variety of environments by working together to accomplish set objectives. Utilizing a robust party system, groups of players will remain together in ranked and custom matches while earning currency, which used in combination with currency earned in single player missions, will unlock additional content and upgrades.
Presented with multiple modes of competitive gameplay, players battle in ranked matches that include Death Match and Plunder, a unique style of multiplayer competition that encourages team work to transport a treasure over dynamic terrain such as ledges and obstacles. Plunder brings truly vertical game play to traditional multiplayer modes. With maps based on environments from the single player campaign, players are taken from the nighttime streets of a war torn city to a Nepalese village and have the ability to create custom games allowing them to play any type of game on any map.
- Free-flowing gunplay adds a unique vertical element to standard third person shooting mechanics
- Immersive action adventure epic featuring gun fights, melee combat, stealth, platform play and puzzle solving
- A blockbuster gaming experience – over-the-top set pieces, compelling cinematics and high production values plunge you into the story
More articles about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves