Beaterator is a suite of easy-to-use but powerful music creation tools that allows users of all skill levels to create quality tracks quickly and easily.
The Beaterator Band Challenge is a competition that will offer the millions of artists and bands on MySpace the opportunity to win $5,000 by creating a track using the song-crafting tools provided by Rockstar Games and Timbaland present Beaterator.
To enter the Beaterator Band Challenge, artists must fill out an entry form. Rockstar Games will choose up to 100 bands and musical artists as semi-finalists and will provide them with a PSP system and a copy of Beaterator, including all the information necessary to create a song using this powerful software. Each semi-finalist that submits a qualifying Beaterator track will be showcased on the contest website, and the MySpace and IGN communities will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite submissions.
The winning artist or band will receive $5,000, have their winning track featured on the PlayStation®Network - which is visited by millions of PlayStation owners every day, and they will also have the opportunity to be featured on the MySpace homepage.
Live Play gets users started quickly as Timbaland guides you through experimenting with pre-arranged templates of his own loops and sounds to get things going. From there, you can take your track into the Studio to add, delete, and replace loops, or add your own vocals using the built-in microphone, or an attached microphone. When you’re ready, delve into the Song Crafter to create your own unique beats and sounds to use across all three modes. Beaterator has the power and flexibility to allow you to create great beats, stirring melodies, and complete songs to rival today’s hottest producers. When you’re ready, you can export your creation and share it with the world.
Beaterator is not a game in the classic sense of the term, and there are no goals or challenges to accomplish. You’re not pretending to make music – you are making music, and everything you need is unlocked and available to you straight out of the box. Whether or not you have experience in song-crafting or studio time under your belt, there is an amazing amount of value packed into Beaterator. It is more powerful and deep than any other portable music application, regardless of console or device. It is also extremely easy for novices or gamers curious about making music to grasp and we’ve taken great steps to remove the intimidation that often inhibits people from entering this world. Rockstar wants to enable people that have always wanted to make music but also make an experience deep enough that experts can use it as well.
- Massive library of Loops and Sounds: Includes thousands of loops and sounds produced by Rockstar and multi-platinum producer and entertainer Timbaland exclusively for Beaterator.
- Live Play: Perform songs in a totally live environment.
- Song Crafter: Quickly and simply create whole songs.
- Vocal Recorder: Add vocal accompaniment to your songs, recorded in real-time while your song plays.
- Effects Editor: Add studio-quality effects to your songs such as reverb, chorus, delay and many others.
- Visualizer: Listen to your songs alongside cool visuals that react to your music.
- MIDI Import and Export: Import MIDI files from your Memory Stick Duo™ into songs, or export your songs and loops as MIDI files.
- Sound Recorder and Sound Editor: Record and edit your own sounds using your PSP system.
- Drum Crafter: Use Beaterator to make your own killer beats. Use built-in drum kits or create your own custom kits.
- Drum Pad Mode: Turn your PSP system into a set of Drum Pads and mash out beats live.
- Melody Crafter: Create your own bass-lines and melodies. Use any sound that you like, or you can even use Beaterator's built-in Analog Synthesizer Emulator.
- Audio Loop Crafter: Turn your sampled sounds into Loops.
- Song Export: Export your songs to PC or MAC as a WAV file or directly upload your music to the Rockstar Social Club while on the go.
- Chord Pad Mode: Make stirring harmonies even if you have no knowledge of music. Just like a Drum Pad, but for chords.
More articles about Beaterator