The PSPgo system features a sleek pocket-sized design that's more than 50 percent smaller and more than 40 percent lighter than the original PSP-1000. PSPgo incorporates a sliding screen that is both practical for the system's space-saving design and aesthetically appealing. The PSPgo system is designed for the portable digital lifestyle, offering 16GB of internal flash memory to store plenty of games, videos, music, and photos. The system also offers expandable storage through a slot that fits a Memory Stick Micro, an ultra-small card the size of a thumbnail with a current capacity of up to 16GB. The current PSP-3000 and the UMD® format will continue to be available, providing consumers with the option to choose the PSP that's right for them.
The PSP go system will be available in "Piano Black" and "Ceramic White," and will include a demo of popular rhythm action title Patapon 2 pre-loaded onto the system's memory. In addition, a pre-loaded interactive ESRB application explains ESRB Ratings and Content Descriptors and provides instructional videos on how to setup the PSPgo's parental controls.
Consumers will be able to download games and entertainment content from PlayStation Store directly onto their PSPgo system via Wi-Fi; through a PC using the Media Go(TM) application; or by transferring from a PS3system. The Media Go application has been updated with a new look and feel, offering an enhanced shopping experience. PSP owners can visit us.playstation.com/psn/mediago to download Media Go and for more details.
In addition, participating retailers will be selling PlayStation Network Game Cards beginning with the launch of PSPgo. These cards will provide consumers an additional option to purchase their favorite digital games at retail, and the initial lineup of cards includes Daxter, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Gran Turismo, MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, among others. The PlayStation Network Game Cards complement the PlayStation Network Cards currently available in $10, $20 and $50 increments.
- New PSP titles - Virtually all PSP titles launching on UMD moving forward will also be available for the PSPgo system. Titles launching today include the PSP system's debut of the best-selling racing franchise, Gran Turismo, along with MotorStorm: Arctic Edge and Beaterator(TM). Other key titles launching soon from first-party and publishing partners include Assassin's Creed® Bloodlines(TM), BUZZ Master Quiz, DISSIDIA: FINAL FANTASY, Grand Theft Auto® Chinatown Wars(TM), Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier(TM), LittleBigPlanet(TM), NBA 10 The Inside, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 and Star Wars Battlefront®: Elite Squadron(TM).
- PlayStation Network Exclusives - PixelJunk® Monsters Deluxe will be launching today; additional PlayStation Network exclusives launching this holiday include Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake and LocoRoco(TM): Midnight Carnival.
- "minis" - These bite-sized games offer a more casual experience, ideal for quick gameplay sessions on-the-go. Key titles launching today include Tetris® and Fieldrunners(TM).
- UMD Legacy titles - More than 150 titles previously released on UMD are now available, including recent releases such as Madden NFL 10, Soulcaliber® Broken Destiny, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour® 10.
- PSone® Classics - More than 60 classic PSone titles are now available for download.
- Videos - 2,300 movies and 13,000 TV shows are now available from major studios and content partners.
More articles about PSPgo