The Warpath Campaign Expansion is only available through Steam. Once you've purchased the content, you will unlock the new Warpath Campaign and all 5 new American Indian factions. These factions can be played in single player and multiplayer games.
A new detailed North American Campaign Map expands the Empire: Total War experience, with 5 brand new American Indian factions, new units and technologies. Experience battles in the new Warpath Campaign and lead one of the 5 new factions in an epic war to defend your lands and drive out the invaders. Or take these units and their unique strengths into multiplayer battles.
Key features include:
- 5 New Playable Factions: Play through the new Warpath Campaign or in multiplayer as one of 5 new American Indian factions in Empire: Total War, including the Iroquois, Huron, Plains, Pueblo and Cherokee nations.
- Expanded North American Territories: A new, more detailed North American Campaign Map featuring new regions and a new start date.
- New Elite Units: Command new Elite units specific to each American Indian faction including Mohawk Elite Warriors, Cheyenne Dog Soldiers, Navajo Scout Warriors and many more.
- Shaman and Scout Agents: Two new agent types - Infiltrate enemy territory with the new Shaman unit and sabotage the opposition with the cunning Scout.
- New Tribal Technologies: 18 new tribal technologies including Spirit Medicine, the Call of the Wild and Dreamwalking creating a brand new tribal technology tree.
- New Objectives: New winning objectives for each of the playable factions.
Creative Assembly released five new multiplayer maps with the new 1.5 patch. These maps are to mark the release of Warpath on the same day and are a thank you for the communities continued support.
The maps are:
- Grassy Flatlands - This is a flat, balanced map designed for competitive/tournament play.
- Austrian Pinnacles - A maze like European landscape with plenty of opportunities to outflank and maneuver around your opponent(s).
- Syrian Ridge - A desert map with several oasis scattered around and a large sandy hill near the centre to dominate the opposition.
- Siberian Plateau - A balanced flat snowy tundra map, heavily forested to allow for ambush and concealed fighting.
- Homestead - An American plains map with several cabin dwellings and low rolling hills with opportunities to seize elevated positions.
All the maps will be enabled for all team sizes - 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4, allowing them all to be played by any number of players.
Empire: Total War is set in the 18th century, a turbulent era that is the most requested by Total War's loyal fan base and a period alive with global conflict, revolutionary fervor and technological advances. With themes such as the Industrial Revolution, America's struggle for independence, the race to control Eastern trade routes and the globalization of war on land and sea, Empire: Total War promises to be amongst the richest and most dynamic PC RTS games of all time.
The game is set in the years 1700 to the early 1800's, a turbulent age of gunpowder, revolution, discovery and Empire Building. This period has all the ingredients for a great Total War title: fascinating changes in warfare and its technology, a large number of competing factions hungry for power, and gloriously exciting and colorful battles. This is a time when an old world is being swept away at a tremendous rate by the juggernaut of the industrial age. Revolutionary ideas are in the air, and at least one monarch meets a bloody end!Along with the revolutionary introduction of Naval Combat, Empire: Total War will see further enhancements to the Total War series signature 3D battles and turn based campaign map. Real time battles will pose new challenges with the addition of cannon and musket, challenging players to master new formations and tactics as a result of the increasing role of gunpowder within warfare.
Empire: Total War contains a revolutionized Total War campaign spanning 3 continents and featuring new, enhanced systems for Trade, Diplomacy, Missions and Espionage. There will be an all-new fully animated campaign map with all buildings and upgrades visible. The campaign will also feature a huge cast of historical figures including Peter The Great, Malborough and Charles XII of Sweden. The game will include 10 playable factions including Britain, Prussia, France, Spain, America and the massive Ottoman Empire.
Enhanced auto management, revolutionized UI, improved advice system and tutorials all combine to introduce new players to the concepts of Total War, quickly and easily. Empire: Total War will boast a full re-write of the AI with a wider range of strategies and tactics, providing a formidable opponent on land, sea and on the campaign map.
New Real-Time 3D Naval Warfare takes Total War's unparalleled battle action to the high seas with players commanding single ships or vast fleets. These will be the most exciting and realistic sea battles ever seen in a PC game. They will feature a realistic sailing model, cannon and musket fire, boarding actions, fully destructible sails, rigging and hulls and a full range of weather effects to influence battles. These will play out on stunning, ultra-realistic seascapes, as cannons and muskets blaze away, cutting through the smoke and fog to splinter, pierce and shatter hulls, sails and masts, laying waste to crew members and sending them to Davy Jones' Locker.
Empire: Total War's revolutionized graphics engine will be put to work on land battles that will feature heavy artillery in the form of cannons, mortar and early rocket launchers, with bouncing cannonballs slicing through drifting gunsmoke to tear up lines of infantry. Bagpipes, drummers, flautists and trumpeters will fill the air with play out over the crack of musket fire, the boom of artillery and the thunderous charge of cavalry. Generals will bark out orders to their regiments as the player orchestrates the battle utilizing formations, unit abilities and drills. Weapons will jam and misfire, cannons will seize up and explode as the field of conflict becomes strewn with the bodies of wounded and dying men, lacerated and dismembered by pike, bayonet and shot.
The minimum system specifications are:
- Operating System: Windows XP 32(SP2), Windows Vista 32 OS.
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Single Core Intel or AMD equivalent processor.
- System Memory: 1GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista).
- Graphics Card: 256MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (shader 2.0 or higher).
- Sound Card: Directx9.0c compatible sound card.
- Windows compatible mouse & keyboard.
- 15 GB free uncompressed hard drive space.
More articles about Empire: Total War - The Warpath Campaign