Crash Commando, a PS3 title exclusively for download on PlayStation Network, is a side scrolling multiplayer shooter game pitting two arch-enemy commando factions - the Grunts and the Jarheads - against each other in an all-out fight for world supremacy. Developed by EPOS Game Studios, Crash Commando is a fast-paced, humorous multiplayer game with over-the-top, slap-stick action that features exaggerated gore and effects. Combining the thrill of frenzied multiplayer combat with the straightforward nature of a classic side-scrolling platform title, Crash Commando is accessible to all players and it is the perfect combination of modern, sophisticated technology and traditional gameplay values.
The player controls a commando with a range of weapons and other equipment at his disposal, including a jetpack, C4, jeeps and tanks. Each map consists of two gameplay layers the player can seamlessly move between via portals in the environment. In Crash Commando, action, mayhem, frenzy and turmoil take center stage as particles, flames, explosions and bodies controlled by rag-doll physics insure there is never a dull moment. With a host of both multiplayer and single player modes included, players can enjoy Crash Commando either on or offline.
Title Update #2
- Sound fix for issues where various sounds are not being played at all
- Unlock Heist Map Pack fix
- Now unlocks the Heist Map Pack properly when purchasing it within the game’s online store.
- Heist cash bag fix
- Corrected detection of when players and other players bots are removed from the game taking the cash bag with them.
- DUALSHOCK 3 Vibration support
- Added rumble for player weapons, near player explosions, player vehicle weapons, player vehicle collision impacts, weapon impacts on the player etc.
- To avoid any new text issues the game only acknowledges the on/off setting of vibrations the player can set in the system’s controller settings.
- Commandos have an array of weapons to choose from with machine guns, shotguns, rocket launchers, C4, mines and more.
- Frantic, adrenaline-pumping gameplay with exaggerated, slapstick violence!
- Fight on the ground and in the air, using jetpacks, tanks, or in vehicles!
- 8 maps!
- The hilarious action never slows with up to 12 players battling on a map simultaneously, either online or offline with BOTs.
- Multiplayer modes like Death Match and team-based game modes
- Single player modes like Boot Camp and custom games versus AI-controlled BOTs.
- Online ranking boards!
- A Duty Records Award system, along with Player Rankings, Trophy Support and online Leaderboards, will track player stats and accomplishments
- Voice support!
Inspired by such games as JETPAC on the old Commodore VIC-20, EPOS Game Studios' Crash Commando is currently available on PlayStation Network for $9.99.
More articles about Crash Commando