You play Bruce – an average every-day Joe who was looking forward to some ‘quality time’ with his girlfriend Daisy. In true B-movie style their Saturday night is ruined by an invasion of zombies. Set across six classic American horror movie inspired levels, Burn Zombie Burn is a third-person shoot-em-up in the classic coin-op tradition featuring next-gen game play mechanics, and possessing that ‘one-more-go’ addictiveness which define all of the great shooters.
The aim of the game couldn’t be simpler; shoot, burn and blow up as many brain munching zombies as possible using a variety of classic zombie killing weapons before they overwhelm you. Use fire to build up your multiplier and then destroy zombies en masse with explosives to increase that oh-so-important leaderboard high score. But beware! A burning zombie is a faster zombie – burn too many and they will burn you!
Burn Zombie Burn is frantic, arcade gaming at its best, delivering humour and bloody zombie violence in copious amounts!.
Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 6, Burn Zombie Burn! players who synch their consoles after achieving a high score ranked on the Secret Lab Level (Freeplay mode) leaderboard will be automatically entered for a chance to win an eerie European vacation, exploring two of the world's most famous tombs: the catacombs of Paris and Valley of the Kings in Egypt.The player who posts the highest score in the Burn Zombie Burn! Secret Lab level on Freeplay mode from Tuesday, Oct. 6 through Monday, Nov. 2 will be rewarded with the eight-night vacation package.
The winning player and a friend will be swept off to Paris, where they will spend three nights at the Aida Opera Hotel and visit the Catacombs de Paris, a labyrinth of tunnels covered entirely in the skulls and bones of 18th century Parisians, and Pere Lachaise Cemetery, eternal home to the likes of Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde. If there are zombies to be found in France, the master zombie-killer who wins this tour is sure to find them at these
eerie historic locations.
Once Paris has been cleared of any undead, it will be off to Egypt, where the winner will stay at the Mercure Hotel in Luxor, and spend five days exploring ancient Egyptian history with tours of the Valley of the Kings, final resting place of King Tutankhamun, and Hatshepsut Temple, a mortuary temple dedicated to the sun god.
Additional details and official contest rules can be found on the PlayStation website, and the Burn Zombie Burn! website.
Key Features :
- Six American horror movie inspired playable levels – The Woods, Graveyard, Suburbia, Drive-In, Military Base and Secret Lab
- Three single-player modes – Freeplay, Timed and Defence
- Two player Co-op and Versus modes (Freeplay and Timed only)
- Ten bloody and gag-filled custom Challenges across all levels including ‘My Exploding Zombie Head!’ (kick it around the map and shoot to detonate), ‘Zombies Ate My Teddy!’ (zombies are after your teddy. Stop them!) and ‘Lawn of the Dead!’ (a lawnmower and a lot of zombies. You work it out!)
- Eight zombie types to slaughter, each with their own behaviourial patterns, strengths and weaknesses – Normal, Exploder, Crazy, Dancers, Rushers, Riot, Noxious and Super Zombie!
- Fantastic range of primary weapons to dish out some zombie hurt with including baseball bat, chainsaw, lawnmower and the Brain Gun!
- Dish out additional zombie pain with pickup enhanced Timed, Proximity and Remote Explosives for that nice, at a safe distance zombie evisceration!
- Set fire to zombies to net a big score multiplier. The more zombies on fire, the bigger your multiplier and the quicker your score rises
- Level Event on every level activated by keeping on killing with the same weapon to build up a combo ticker. Max out three and the Event is activated, a different one for each level, including a UFO, a God Ray and Laser Beams, all of which will help you out
- Three in-game characters; Bruce - across between Bruce Campbell and Elvis, Bruno – Bruce’s quieter brother, and Daisy – Bruce’s girl
More articles about Burn Zombie Burn