The new comprehensive 1.60 update marks the first major official update for Time of Wrath and it’s positively massive in size. It is strongly recommended that all Time of Wrath customers download and install this update.
As far as changes, the update includes roughly 200 tweaks and fixes such as: a number of crash fixes as well as host of minor fixes ranging from event fixes to interface fixes to gameplay and AI fixes all the way to map fixes. There are also plenty of new interesting historical events, better AI performance, and many user-requested interface improvements including an option to round unit strength to show a whole number only. Also along the line of interface improvements, there is a better display of movement for all units and rebase range for all aircraft in addition to an improved purchase screen. Customers will also enjoy improved orders of battle in a number of scenarios and a general rebalancing of air power.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “This update leaves no stone unturned and nearly every aspect of the game has been improved, polished, and tweaked. We’re always thrilled to work with our developers to provide a top-notch level of post-release support to our games and this update does just that!”
From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations. A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. An upgraded and expanded naval combat system includes fleet engagements, combat patrols, massive aircraft carriers, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system.
Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and hundreds of historical events like the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Lend-Lease and more give you choices that can change the course of history. WW2: Time of Wrath is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.
This update is comprehensive and will bring any previous version to 1.60. We strongly recommend that every owner of WW2: Time of Wrath upgrades to this version of the game
- Four Grand Campaigns (1939, 1940, 1941 and 1944) cover the full war in the European Theater, lasting up to 1948 for maximum flexibility
- Two Scenarios (Fall Weiss and Overlord)
- Simple and intuitive user interface with engrossing historical gameplay
- Hundreds of historical events such as Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Vienna Dictate, Lend-Lease, and many more.
- Play as any nation and as any combination of countries to experience the war through a unique perspective.
- Air and Land Combat, including Sieges, Interceptions, Strategic Bombardment, Air Recon, Fleet Air attacks, Bombardment.
- Enhanced naval system that includes Aircraft Carriers, Battle, Patrol and Submarine Groups. Managing fleets, convoys and raiders in Sea Zones.
- Air forces now extend their power over nearby sea zones.
- Advanced weather system simulates spring and autumn / rainfall and snow. Beware of General Winter! Weather conditions have a different effect on each country.
- Any combination of move and attack is allowed as long as Action Points are available.
- Technological race in research of new more powerful units.
- Mulberry harbors now available as a helpful and powerful tool in preparation for huge landing operations.
- Paratroopers conduct airborne landings help to take distant key point locations.
- Fully historical, detailed orders of battle in all scenarios with historical names for hundreds of land, air and naval units.
- Land units divided are into Divisional and Corps size allowing the player to choose what best fits his economy and play style.
- Historical commanders boost the effectiveness of units under their care.
- Improved A.I. to perform better at the strategic and tactical level.
- An innovative naval combat model and realistic supply convoy attack system
- A simple yet immersive political point system for diplomatic relations – alienate enemies and solidify ties with allies
- A healthy variety of combat units to command from armored and airborne forces to strategic bombers and battleships – even nukes!
- Random historical events that can guide and shape the course of the war
Customers who already purchased WW2: Road to Victory will be able download WW2: Time of Wrath from our Members Club free of charge when the new game is available for purchase.
More articles about World War 2: Time of Wrath