Unlike other first person shooter games available today, Mercenary Wars features a unique stat system that players can use to upgrade and customize their lifelike characters. The combat in the game is designed to feel very realistic, while also allowing players to adjust their speed, accuracy, and health stats. Mercenary Wars is set in the not so distant future in a world where order and society as we know them are a thing of the past. The economies of the world have crashed and have been replaced with total chaos. New alliances have been forged and the world is now controlled by well-trained groups of mercenaries. Players must determine who to swear their allegiance to and fight side-by-side to the death, if necessary, in the quest to ensure becoming the new global powerhouse.
Mercenary Wars will also feature an innovative Artificial Intelligence system where computer controlled "bots" can be used in several ways ranging from practice to enhancing game play. Via four difficulty modes, players can select their desired skill level no matter what their previous FPS experience might be. Other features include multiple gameplay modes, a variety of character types and races, extensive ranking system including more than 50 different character ranks and title, an expansive number of weapons and equipment available for character customization and a built-in player-to-player audio communication tool for enhanced real-world combat simulation
From a museum filled with treasures to an overthrown Mosque, to a restaurant with secret meeting rooms, the dynamic maps of Mercenary Wars ensure unique and varied challenges at every turn.
“We are pleased to reveal the interesting maps of Mercenary Wars as we continue to develop its unique gaming experience leading up to its official launch,” said Chris Keswani, Marketing Manager of Uforia. "The five maps that we’ve created differ dramatically from one another, allowing players to truly experience the challenge and excitement of adapting into the dynamic environments throughout their quest.”
Maps of Mercenary Wars:
- Sweden: Although based in North America, the International Hessian Order (IHO) has a secondary base in Sweden. This country initially provided protection for the IHO in exchange for a percentage of natural resources that the organization recovered from their battles. After a short time, the IHO overthrew the Swedish government, seized their military assets and established the formerly peaceful country as their secondary base when away from their North American headquarters.
- The Museum: This public-use facility houses a variety of valuable treasures ranging from the time of the Dinosaurs to the time of the Pharaohs and even more modern exhibits. Located in Africa, it is the main stronghold of the Continental African Mercenary League. This organization uses this once-popular facility as both a training camp and also as the main location for strategic planning purposes.
- Mosque: This former Mosque has been transformed into a training arena by the Medjay Mercenary Unit. This group of Middle Eastern Mercenaries decided to over-throw the peaceful monarch and replaced it with their “kill for hire” rule of law. This building allows for a multitude of different fighting scenarios that helps the Medjay prepare for battle against their enemies.
- The Restaurant: This dining establishment is located in the middle of the territory belonging to United Asian Front (UAF). Members of this Asian-based mercenary group frequented this restaurant to conduct business with a variety of arms dealers and other questionable suppliers. The restaurant offers multiple rooms which this organization used for a variety of uses in its heyday and now serves as a good place to confront their enemies when they are on the UAF’s home turf.
- The Factory: This building is the main facility for the Mercenarios Unidad del Americas (M.U.A.) and acts as their most important logistical component in their many businesses. Since their territory ranged throughout the entire South American region, this large facility is strategically located to be able to supply members of this organization quickly with arms and other resources needed to push back their rivals.
Other maps will be added throughout the Closed Beta process.
- Multiple Gameplay modes: Free-for-all, Death Match, Base Defense, and Plant the Bomb. Exciting new modes will be added every two months.
- A wide variety of character types and races
- An extensive ranking system including over 50 different character ranks and titles
- An expansive number of weapons, equipment, and clothing are available for character customization.
- Built-in player-to-player audio communication tool for enhanced real-world combat simulation
More articles about Mercenary Wars