History: Great Battles Medieval is set against the background of the historic Hundred Years' War, spanning various conflicts between England and France in the 14th and 15th centuries. History: Great Battles Medieval allows players to assume complete control of huge armies with more than 40 different units. From knights on horseback to infantry, French crossbowmen and English longbow archers, all units of the two warring factions are represented in the game, historically correct. Whether in campaign mode, a brief skirmish, or multiplayer mode, History: Great Battles Medieval offers precise, realistic recreations of medieval battles.
To round out this authentic, true-to-detail gaming experience, the game features video clips from the award-winning History programming library.
- Next generation engine with advanced shader effects and lighting.
- Free form quest map that allows players to decide when and where to fight within a historical framework.
- More than 20 different units all accurately researched and carefully modeled in amazing detail.
- Weapons and shields are added to each unit by the player, meaning an almost infinite number of equipment combinations are possible.
- Every equipment change changes the appearance of the models. Never before has this kind of customization been possible on such a scale.
- Specialize your squads with over 100 unique skills.
- Animations and behavior change to match the equipment you have allocated.
- Play as the English under the Black Prince or the French under Joan of Arc.
- Historical events effecting game play.
- Innovative Battle Card system that gives bonuses and penalties in battle.
- The most detailed and realistic medieval combat model ever created.
- Special ambush missions
- Story movies created from hundreds of hours of the TV channel HISTORY™ library combined with in game engine footage.
- Completely new control and battle system designed to work on console and PC.
- Multiplayer over LAN & Internet.
- Unique online ranking system, for single and multiplayer stats!
The game will only be available from the official Slitherine website until its full retail release in February 2010, when it will be launched alongside the X360 and PS3 versions..
Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come is a real time strategy game set in the middle ages. Play as one of five heroes from each of the five great medieval European nations. Each hero has a different background and skills — allowing numerous pathways to the final battle. The topographical elements and weather affect the units ability to fight and maneuver over historically accurate battlefields of varied terrain — from the Mediterranean pine forests to the barren rock deserts of the Holy Land.
It all happened in the darkest century of the medieval Europe, when a visionary Pope ignited the flames of the first crusade and united the rivaling nations for one single cause: to conquer the Holy Land. Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come tells the challenging, mission-to-mission story of this great campaign through the eye of a chosen knight, and chronicles his struggles to rise higher among the ranks, gaining power and wealth on the road from Constantinople to Jerusalem.
- Heroes — Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come offers five notable personalities to choose from, from the five great nations of medieval Europe, each of them with different background, wealth, fighting skills, goals and dreams. The gradual development of the focus character must be familiar from the RPGs: he gains experience, ranks, gets stronger and more effective. Each hero has a different set of skills, which makes every hero different, even the ones from the same nationality if one decides to play the game again from the very beginning. The different skills and starting resources of the five main heroes require various tactics in the battles and offer numerous ways to the final victory.
- Huge armies on huge battlefields — Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come offers highly varied terrains that evoke the atmosphere of the faraway lands where the crusaders marched towards Jerusalem – from the Mediterranean pine forests to the barren rock deserts of the Holy Land. The topographic elements (hills, valleys, slopes etc) heavily influence the tactics and the outcome of the battles. It is also the first RTS where physics is one of the most important factors in the game (where rocks tumble down on the slopes, crushing into the ranks of the enemy and send enemy soldiers flying and sprawling on the ground and so on.) Weather conditions and visibility change dynamically, which is not solely a visual element, but it also affects the gameplay, specifically the abilities of the different units and the outcome of their actions.
- Management — The Management phase is set between missions. The management screen offers various ways to manage the troops, deal with supporting characters, upgrade heroes, spend the acquired ducats or distribute weaponry among the troops and assemble the army for the next battle. The growing army of the hero gets stronger and deadlier after each battle. Soldiers gain experience (just like in the legendary Panzers) and players buy skills for them as well. After several battles with the same old bands of soldiers players tend to treat their veterans more carefully then in most RTS games, which has a strong impact on the tactics as well.
- Factions — The crusader army in the game is about just as divided as it had been historically. The various power groups of the army are called factions, each with a strong nation in charge and they all offer various submissions for their allies. Players should be careful which the faction they prefer, as they forge ties with one nation they slowly exclude the others; however, a faithful ally will get precious rewards like ducats, special units and skills and finally a new, unique hero.
- Faith and Relics — In Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come Faith is an idealized concept of the religious background that sparked and legitimized the military campaign. Faith has strong impact on the overall morale. Christian relics have strong relations with the Faith score: the higher a hero’s Faith is, the more effective these relics boost their abilities. Each hero starts with a unique Faith score that can grow or decrease during the game, depending on his decisions.
- Historical Authenticity — Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come wants to be as faithful to the chosen historical era as it is possible in a computer game, which requires some restrictions and necessary modifications. With a colorful cast of supporting characters we present existing historical personalities from the era as antagonists, allies or vassals.