Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 did not fail to live up to the expectations as one of the most eagerly anticipated videogames releases of all time. Initial first day UK sales – November 10 – reveal that Modern Warfare 2 sold an estimated 1.23 million units, grossing around £47 million, nearly doubling the previous record held by Grand Theft Auto IV which sold an estimated 631,000 units, grossing £27.2 million on its first day of release (April 29, 2008).
Michael Rawlinson, Director General, Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA), said, “These first day sales figures are astonishing and clear evidence that videogames are now mainstream in the UK. Our form of interactive entertainment has completely come of age. Just like some movies and books, this is specifically intended for an adult audience and accordingly has emotional, adult content.
“So, as an 18-rated videogame, it is important that this game is not played by children, and parents should be appropriately vigilant. We ask everyone to make sure they check the packaging of games to ensure they are suitable for their players, especially as we enter the festive season when videogames are one of the most popular gifts of the holiday.”
Beginning with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s worldwide release on Nov. 10, fans can arm themselves with Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Console, which features an exclusive design inspired by the epic thriller, more storage space than ever before in a 250GB Hard Drive, two Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers, as well as an Xbox 360 Headset and a Standard Edition copy of “Modern Warfare 2” for an estimated retail price of $399.99 (USD).
All PC versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be powered by Steamworks, providing gamers with auto-updating, anti-cheat technology, Steam Achievements, and the recently introduced Steam Cloud.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PC will include 50 Steam Achievements, enticing players to train a local militia and be "Back in the Saddle" or infiltrate the snowy mountain side base and earn the "Cold Shoulder." Fans may access the game from any computer. And through Steam Cloud, multiplayer game progress will be stored persistently and travel with the player.
- Hard Drive Space: 16 GB free hard drive space
- Operating System: Windows Vista/XP
- Processor: AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
- RAM: 512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (VISTA)
- Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia GeForce 6600GT / ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
Key Features :
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer Reinvented
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Console, will be sold in Europe, the Middle East (UAE, Saudi Arabia), UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Australia and New Zealand.
More articles about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2