Starting on November 18, as part of the system software update, version 3.10, users can easily showcase their game accomplishments to friends and family, and post information about the PS3 games they purchase from PlayStation Network to Facebook. With the new Facebook integration, PS3 owners now have access to a truly social and seamless user experience.
With Firmware 3.10, PS3 system owners can now not only brag to friends about their domination as a gamer, but also back it up by sharing unlocked trophies with their friends on Facebook every time they sync their Trophies. Additionally, the system update enables PS3 system owners to share information on games they just purchased with a click of a button. The new system update also enables game developers to set up trigger points in their games that provide PS3 system users the option to quickly and easily publish game related information from their favorite titles to Facebook.
"Launching Facebook for the PlayStation community is a natural fit for our goal of delivering unparalleled connected experiences - from connecting our community to each other to connecting our customers to great entertainment downloaded from the PlayStation Store," said Susan Panico, senior director, PlayStation Network, SCEA. "As we pass the third anniversary of PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Network, we're excited to deepen the social experiences of PlayStation Network and kick-off the first phase of our integration with Facebook."
"We're excited to connect Facebook's 300 million active users with the PlayStation 3, enabling players to connect and share their game experiences with friends,” said Ethan Beard, director, Facebook Developer Network.
Key Facebook Features:
- Showcase Trophies: Instantly share trophies you earn in PS3 games in your Facebook stream. Simply sync your PS3 system and easily show off your accomplishments to friends and family.
- PlayStation Store Purchase Log Publishing: Let friends and family on Facebook instantly know which PlayStation 3 games you've purchased. The PlayStation Store, available to PS3 and PSP owners through PlayStation Network, features over 200 downloadable games, many of which are exclusive to PS3 or PSP system owners, in addition to over 4,000 pieces of add-on game content.
- Game Event: With a few quick clicks of the controller sharing select game events, progress and statistics is now easier than ever with the Facebook integration.
Additional New Firmware 3.10 Features (not related to Facebook):
- Photos: Photos will now be displayed in a grid format for simplified access and viewing.
- Friends List: The PlayStation Network Friends List has an enhanced design that enables users to customize the background color of their PlayStation Network Profile.
More articles about PlayStation 3