Changes in Version 1.01
- New scenario - ‘Starter Army Battle 2’, User generated scenario.
- New scenario - ‘Sambre 57BC’, User generated scenario.
- New scenario - ‘Heraclea 280BC’ user generated battle.
- Mouse wheel zoom. The mouse wheel now gives free zoom in and zoom out control in the game and in the editor.
- Difficulty levels. These now modify the number of battlegroups needed to win/lose a game. These cannot be used in multiplayer. The difficulty level is also now shown on the Victory display.
- Fixed a crash bug - Null pointer exception in uiplayer.s.AncientsUI.SetPreference.
- Fixed a crash bug - Null pointer exception in gamelogic.s.CohesionDieModifier.CombatCohesionTest.
- Fixed a bug where changing the base colours crashed the game.
- Fixed a bug where dead leaders were not being stored correctly in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where music did not loop properly and another where music volume levels were not being stored correctly.
- In game help now accessible from the start menu without launching the game.
- The game now reports when a unit is disordered but not in combat.
- Fixed a bug where Fragmented units were able to evade from combat.
- Chargers will now pursue beyond the line of first contact if the enemy evades and will contact secondary targets if they can.
- Fixed a bug related to an unused terrain type in the editor.
- Removed invalid apostrophe characters from help text.
- The animation speed is reset on loading to prevent bugs where units could not move. We have also moved the location of preference files and saved them at every opportunity to prevent them not being stored. We were not able to repeat the issue reported so if users still have problems with preferences not being stored pet us know.
- In the Map editor added the ability to create elements for text newline characters.
- Reduced the appearance of coloured vertical and horizontal lines at certain zoom levels.
- Added the ability to convert line break elements into newline characters when loading text by SAX.
- Added the ability to convert line break elements into newline characters when loading text by DOM.
- In the Map editor the Side VP counts now update on closing unit fixed properties window.
- A possible crash in Multiplayer has been prevented by removing any special characters from messages - this means accented characters may no longer appear so please use standard ASCII characters.
- Multiplayer chat messages are limited to 1024 character to prevent abuse!
- A small change to the ‘Indistavio 16AD’ OB.
- A small change to the ‘Starter Army Battle 1’ OB.
Last year saw the arrival of the Field of Glory set of wargames rules. Now translated into all major European languages, the rules have appeared on the shelves of bookstores across the world. To date sales have exceeded 200.000 copies and FOG releases comprise 9 additional Companion Books, with 4 more in production to complete this popular series.
Fans worldwide have praised the quality and realism of this production which is created by Wargames specialists Slitherine and distributed by military history book specialists Osprey Publishing. Over 50,000 posts on the FOG forums and an ever growing community of fans have built on the success of the original system and now Forum members are contributing towards FOG’s expansion into the Renaissance and Napoleonic eras.
The Field of Glory brand has become so popular within the wargaming community, that the brand is now supporting a range of wargaming products such as specially designed FOG terrain from manufacturers Miniature Worldmaker.
Slitherine is therefore proud to announce the Field of Glory videogame, specially created with figure gaming fans in mind. This is the latest production coming from the Kameleon Project talent incubator. The Field of Glory strategy game is made by wargamers specifically for wargaming fans.
Developed by UK Developer Hexwar, the games is turn based and set during the Rise of Rome, from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudicca’s revolt in Britain.
The game's main features are:
- Gameplay that allows key decisions to decide the results of historical battles
- Detailed and accurate depiction of ancient warfare
- 12 historical battles with hundreds of units to control
- Play as Rome, Carthage, Gaul, Germanic Tribes and the Spartacus Slave Revolt and even the Roman civil war
- Single and 2 player head to head modes
- Comprehensive scenario builder included
Later releases will include additional battle packs and an army designer where players will be able to choose their favourite armies and match their skills against opponents of their choice, on an almost infinite selection of battle fields.
More articles about Field of Glory