Mercenary Wars will also feature an innovative Artificial Intelligence system where computer controlled "bots" can be used in several ways ranging from practice to enhancing game play. Via four difficulty modes, players can select their desired skill level no matter what their previous FPS experience might be. Other features include multiple gameplay modes, a variety of character types and races, extensive ranking system including more than 50 different character ranks and title, an expansive number of weapons and equipment available for character customization and a built-in player-to-player audio communication tool for enhanced real-world combat simulation
Mercenary Wars kicks off its second Closed Beta test today at 5 PM Pacific Standard time and running through November 5th at 5 PM PST. Now through November 5th, players may obtain a beta key by signing up for an Uforia account.
This new beta test will feature all new content including a new free-for-all mode which does away with teams and places players on a map to have an all out war with each other. The player with the most kills when time ends is the winner! A new map is also featured that is ideal for a multitude of different play styles introducing lots of places to hide and great sniping locations. Three new guns round out the new content; G36K, SPAS12 and a Mac10.
"The addition of a new Free-for-all mode and the additional maps and weapons available in this new beta test are a great sneak peek at the final game players will see later this fall," said JK Kim, CEO of Uforia. "As we continue the development process, the gameplay experience is getting more and more intense and we look forward to seeing our growing community challenged as they give it a try."
The Mercenary Wars team has even more planned for the four day Closed Beta including the "Death(adder) to your Enemies" contest. In this contest, each kill a player records is counted as a raffle ticket. Only kills made against actual players will be counted and not the in-game AI/Bots. At the end of the event, the raffle tickets will be tallied and three winners will be chosen at random to receive a Razer DeathAdder Mouse.
Maps of Mercenary Wars:
- Sweden: Although based in North America, the International Hessian Order (IHO) has a secondary base in Sweden. This country initially provided protection for the IHO in exchange for a percentage of natural resources that the organization recovered from their battles. After a short time, the IHO overthrew the Swedish government, seized their military assets and established the formerly peaceful country as their secondary base when away from their North American headquarters.
- The Museum: This public-use facility houses a variety of valuable treasures ranging from the time of the Dinosaurs to the time of the Pharaohs and even more modern exhibits. Located in Africa, it is the main stronghold of the Continental African Mercenary League. This organization uses this once-popular facility as both a training camp and also as the main location for strategic planning purposes.
- Mosque: This former Mosque has been transformed into a training arena by the Medjay Mercenary Unit. This group of Middle Eastern Mercenaries decided to over-throw the peaceful monarch and replaced it with their “kill for hire” rule of law. This building allows for a multitude of different fighting scenarios that helps the Medjay prepare for battle against their enemies.
- The Restaurant: This dining establishment is located in the middle of the territory belonging to United Asian Front (UAF). Members of this Asian-based mercenary group frequented this restaurant to conduct business with a variety of arms dealers and other questionable suppliers. The restaurant offers multiple rooms which this organization used for a variety of uses in its heyday and now serves as a good place to confront their enemies when they are on the UAF’s home turf.
- The Factory: This building is the main facility for the Mercenarios Unidad del Americas (M.U.A.) and acts as their most important logistical component in their many businesses. Since their territory ranged throughout the entire South American region, this large facility is strategically located to be able to supply members of this organization quickly with arms and other resources needed to push back their rivals.
Other maps will be added throughout the Closed Beta process.
- Multiple Gameplay modes: Free-for-all, Death Match, Base Defense, and Plant the Bomb. Exciting new modes will be added every two months.
- A wide variety of character types and races
- An extensive ranking system including over 50 different character ranks and titles
- An expansive number of weapons, equipment, and clothing are available for character customization.
- Built-in player-to-player audio communication tool for enhanced real-world combat simulation
More articles about Mercenary Wars