Here’s what’s new in v1.2:
- New Demigod added: The Demon Assassin.
- New AI option in multiplayer: The host can set what the death of an AI player does in terms of how much gold and XP players receive.
- New AI option: How much HP do Demigods get by default (very high, high, normal, low).
- Modding Manager. Demigod now supports modding. We will be releasing mod samples in the next couple of weeks to get the ball rolling.
- Mod System. Mods are treated in the game like options. If all players have a given mod installed and the host of the game has it enabled, it is used in the game.
- Fixes to desync issues (thank you to users who sent in data) and other problems reported.
- Citadel Upgrade: Graveyard Citadel upgrade: increased bonus to 15/30/50%
- Improved Torch Bearer’s attack while moving in fire mode.
- Additional improvements in MP to decrease apparent “lag”. Note to players: ping is not the only measurement of connection. Throughput is an important factor as well. For best online performance, disable background tasks that are consuming your bandwidth.
- Updated favor items:
- Samm-El's Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
- Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
- Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
- Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
- Horn of battle effect changed to provide fewer total HP regeneration over a longer period of time.
- Updated items:
- Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
- Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
- Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500. Crit chance increased from 5 to 10%.
- Gladiator Gloves: Reduced cost from 750 to 450
- Theurgist's Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
- Hungarling's Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
- Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
- Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
- Gauntlet's of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
- Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
- Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
- Warlord's Punisher: Unchanged
- Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
- Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000
- Updated Game mechanics
- - Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%
- - Interrupts will no longer overwrite stuns
- - Crit damage calculations fixes
- - Item cost modifiers will now affect citidel upgrades properly. Previously, a citidel upgrade would charge a player the modified cost, but would not allow you to buy it until you had the full cost gold available.
- - Improved shamblers to be a bit more capable of pursuit.
- - Heroes will re-engage their attack target after performing an ability
- - Fix for all of TB's Rings of Fire going away after the oldest ones time out.
- - Fixes for demigods chasing after old targets at inappropriate times.
- - Added support for ignoring players in-game. Supported commands: /ignore /squelch
- Queen of Thorns Buffs
- - Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
- - Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler's boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
- New Demigods voices are in Engllish.
- A second new Demigod, Oculus, will be distributed in the coming weeks.
Set in a future-fantasy world, Demigod is a team-based action game that casts you as a demigod battling for a position in the pantheon of the gods.
Demigod incorporates elements of RTS and action RPG games. Players choose their demigod and turn the tides in epic battles fought in ancient arenas. Single player revolves around the player working through a tournament style ladder to ascend to godhood. Multiplayer forces teams to work together to destroy the opposing forces and their stronghold. Demigod uses the Supreme Commander engine to achieve a sense of scale unprecedented in a fantasy game. Colossal giants send armies flying off the edge and into oblivion in all-encompassing ancient battlefields.
The type of Demigod you choose determines your style of gameplay. Play as an assassin, and the game plays like an action RPG, letting you use a wide array of skills on the enemy. Play as a general, and the game plays more like a RTS, letting you build and control your personal army.
- Revolutionary team-based action game that includes RTS, action RPG and fighting game elements
- Work cooperatively with teammates (AI or human in multiplayer) to dominate your opponents
- Level up your Demigod and purchase unique equipment
- Fight and lead your troops with the goal of pushing the battle into your opponent's territory and destroying their stronghold
- Fight in fantastic arenas
- Two styles of play: Assassin and General
- Simple RTS-style controls
- Advanced AI
- Robust multiplayer
- Ranked and unranked games via our GPGnet service
- Clan, chat, and tournament support
- Future plans include downloadable content
Stardock's Demigod, developed by Gas Powered Games, is currently available worldwide.
More articles about Demigod