Dragonica is a massively multiplayer online casual game developed by Barunson Interactive Co, based in Korea. Dragonica is free-to-play and players may choose to pay for additional content and features on a micro-transaction basis. Barunson Interactive spent seven years developing Dragonica, which brings cartoon side-scrolling action online games to a new peak. The game’s totally 3D rendering design, fresh cartoon characters and scenery modeling, create a new visual perception of side-scrolling games. Dragonica skillfully mixes the elements of action and arcade, and creates various ultimate skills to enhance playability.
Dragonica offers features that will surely capture your gaming senses. The game offers a whole new level of combat system wherein you can perform chain attack combinations paired up with humorous skills that are easy to learn but difficult to master. Community functions such as guilds, parties, marriage system and a lot more will encourage interaction between players. You can also acquire different pets that can be used as mounts or battle assistants and have your own house which you can furnish and decorate. A crafting system will also be available to all 4 character classes which will further evolve into more than 28 different classes. Nominated as “The most anticipated game” by Gamespot Korea after the GStar 2007 convention, Dragonica combines fun, humor, extensive content and innovative gameplay.
The Veil of Darkness content update introduces exciting new features and an increased character level cap of 65.
A selection of these new gameplay elements include:
- New Quests: Over 40 new quests including new rare monster quests.
- New Pet System: Three different types of pets -- Birdy, Puppy, and Kitty -- can be earned from Pet Sellers Amy and Edith by completing quests available at levels 20, 30, and 40.
- Expanded Emporia War: A weekly tournament that pits the top eight guilds against each other in single elimination, the winner of which gets to challenge the reigning champion guild of Emporia.
- New Cash Shop Item Types: Vanity Items: Players now can change their character's appearance with new cosmetic options for their Hair Style, Hair Color, and even Face.
- Equipment Inventory Expansion: This new item doubles normal bag space, letting characters carry twice as much loot.
- Recall Cards: Players can use these items to save their location in any Field Map.
- Personalized Character Cards: These customizable personal profiles are free and provided as a reward for completing a special quest chain.
The “Veil of Darkness” content update also rebalances all dungeon bosses, redesigns the Mission Map scoring system, and improves the in-game Journal. Advanced levels of the crafting system will also be implemented.
To play Dragonica, simply sign up for a free account at the official website and download the game client. Players who have the Closed Beta game client will need to uninstall it and install the release version found at the above link.
More articles about Dragon Saga