Changes in 3.2:
- Major trade nations are more likely to get targetted my competition in trade centres.
- Combat now starts with fire phase.
- Battles now last 12 days minimum, with 2 fire and 2 shock phases.
- Units that end up inside the empire after peace, can now move through the empire to get back.
- Pirates will no longer spawn outside coasts of countries that do not have technology high enough to blockade.
- Battles are now slightly bloodier.
- Advisors now last a little bit shorter.
- Unemployed advisors now have a very high likelihood to move to another country as exclusive for them after the first year is up.
- A siege will now end directly after it is broken by a attacker.
- Colonial rebels defection time has been decreased to 36 months from the old 72 months.
- War Exhaustion now increases revolt risk by +1 again.
- Rebel forces will now wait for morale to rise before moving.
- Battles now have a length of at least 10 days, which will lessen "ping-pong".
- Trade embargos has some bigger drawbacks now.
- Its no longer possible to excommunicate someone already excommunicated.
- Assaults can now fail as soon as the morale of the infantry is 0.
- The cached number of controlled cardinals in a country is now updated at once when it changes.
- Fixed a bug with migrating advisors not being available in the pool if they come from another tech group.
- Fixed a bug with the war score from blockade being proportionate to the blockader rather than the blockadee.
- Navalcombats will now be a bit quicker, with more morale loss.
Interface Enhancements ***
- Fixed display of royal marriage breaking message.
- The winning avatar won't continue fighting after the battle is won.
- Editbox in colonywindow is no longer autoselected.
- Improved the reliability of selectionindicator.
- The avatar will now be facing in the correct direction when starting an assult.
- The avatar will now be marching in the correct direction.
- The avatar will now stop assulting if peace has arrived with the sieged country.
- Modified the scrollspeed for keyboard so the camera moves a bit faster.
- The camera won't change position anymore, if the game isn't in focus.
- Right-clicking will now use increments and decrements of 100 gold in the peace view.
- CoT stagnation icon and tooltip added to the ledger.
Modding Support ***
- Added trigger 'overlord_of'.
- The 'heretic' eventscope should now work properly.
- has_empty_adjacent_province now only checks land provinces.
- AI can now properly lift excommunications.
- Strategic AI: Separate check for suspension of merchants.
- Merchant AI: Slightly altered CoT priorities.
- Fixed a problem where the AI was ignoring policy restrictions (in fact, doing the exact opposite of what it should.)
- Subject nations will now lift the excommunication of their overlord if they can.
- The AI will no longer gain inflation when going bankrupt to reduce cycles of constant bankruptcies.
- Added Taizu as a Ming ruler from 1584
- Added Nurhachi as a Manchu ruler from 1583
- Fixed three typos in the Bavarian and Tuscan monarch lists
- Fixed the Venetian core on Zeta at start
- Fixed the army names for Spain, Castille and the Teutonic Order
- Azerbaijan is no longer transferred to Russia in 1813
- Dauphine gets a core on Lyonnais from 1399
- Russia now has imperial government after 1721.
- Corrected an admiral in the GBR history file.
- Added a new province for Holstein.
- Lithuania is now Orthodox during the two years of Svitrigaila's reign.
- Adjusted the discovery dates of the Azores and Madeira.
- Default Italian army names are now actually in Italian.
- Fixed some typos and added some new names to the USA.
- Revised monarch and leader names for Albania.
- Tweaked the "Tribal reform" decisions so that centralization plays a bigger role
- The "Indian trade company" decision is no longer visible to landlocked countries
- The "Establish trade in cot" decision won't trigger unless you own a cot
- The decision Church Tax is now possible for all Christians, but Catholics also need The Statute in Restraint of Appeals.
- Corrected typo in the "Restore the Holy See" decision.
- Ottomann capital move decision now requires control as well as ownership of Constantinople.
- The "Spanish Netherlands should be Catholic" mission aborts if Spain is no longer Catholic
- The "Conquer Ferrara", "Conquere Ancona" and "Annex Avignon" missions won't trigger if the owner is papal controller
- Fixed the success conditions of the "Rule the seas" mission
- Fixed the generic "Destabilize Rival" mission so that the player gets the reward
- The "Rival Army" and "Rival Navy" missions won't trigger if you're allied with the other nation
- The Manchu mission, "Start the Conquest of Ming China" won't trigger if Manchu is a vassal or lesser partner in a union
- The "Conquer Southern Korea" and "Establish footholding in Manchuria" missions will abort if the countries are not neighbours and don't have a port
- Changed the success conditions for the Spanish "Finish the reconquista" mission so that it's only cosidered a success if the Iberian peninsula is Catholic
- Fixed the Lithuanian "Defeat the Livonian Order" mission so that it affects the correct provinces
- The generic "Conquer Core" mission won't trigger for countries that are the lesser partner in a union
- Added target countries to the abort sections of the "Annex Novgorod", "Annex Sicily", "Annex Naples" and "Annex Prussia" mission
- Spanish "Discover La Plata" mission is now possible to get.
- The "Convert Province" mission got improved triggers.
- Austria's "Reclaim the Empire" mission is now aborted and no longer available after the HRE has been dismantled.
- Slight adjustment of Portuguese missions concerning Brazil.
- Castille/Spanish reconquista mission adjusted so they have to do it themselves.
- The "Convince Elector" mission corrected so it does not target vassalized electors.
- English mission to occupy Paris is no longer almost impossible to get.
- Missions rival_army and rival_navy updated with better abort conditions. Missions take_control_of_papacy, gain_cardinals and solidify_our_papal_relations updated with better allow conditions.
- Fixed the "Colonial Migration" event so that the same province isn't targeted twice
- Added the "Emergency talks" flag as a positive modifier to the "War ends with negotiated peace" and "War ends with negotiated peace" events
- Corrected some events to use relative city size modification rather than absolute.
- Fixed the common out-of-sync problem when loading savegames in multiplayer.
- Fixed a problem which could cause OOS when starting a game in MP.
- Performed some optimisations and memory leak removals in the game.
- Fixed a problem which caused the game to sometimes crash when autosaving.
- Made a few optimisations to the game.
- Lobby port is no longer 1632, but 1638.
- Fixed the "Naval officers are retiring" text
- Fixed the text for the "Force convert mission"
- Fixed the localisation errors for the two "Policy Changes" events
- Cleaned up some text database corruption.
- Fixed Infinite loop freeze on page 5 of the ledger after disbanding the HRE.
- Changed date format in the "time until core" tooltip.
- Fixed bugged tooltip for "exists" trigger.
- On a tag change, lesser partners in Personal Unions now get the correct overlord tag.
- Added missing owner scope to modifiers in event 746.
- Corrected numerous typos in the message setting texts.
- Correct tooltip now shown for modifier local_colonial_growth
- Reputation was called badboy in a trigger tooltip.
- The target country is now correctly shown if it's not the player in event effect tooltips.
- Mission effect text now left formatted and uses a smaller font in the mission view.
"The idea for this expansion was born on our forums, said Producer and Head of the Paradox development team Johan Andersson". "In this case we felt that the forum wishes for the next EU III expansion was aligned with our visions for Europa Universalis III and we are really excited to launch this product".
- Start in October 1399 and the coronation of Henry IV of England. Experience over 50 more years of gameplay, experiencing the Byzantine Empire, Tamerlane and the end of the Hundred Years War.
- Better overview of the decisions needed to shape the future of your country. Strive to create Great Britain, Make Paris worth a Mass, or institute an East Indian Trade Company. Act, rather than react, and implement decisions on both country and province level, with the new decision system, including hundreds of different decisions depending on situation.
- Experience the new Mission System, where the player and AI alike will be given goals to achieve, providing endless replayability by guiding history along different tracks every time.
- Rebels with a Cause. There are countless types of rebels, all with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels in your colonies determined to get representation or independence, you may get reactionary nobles rising up to put the serfs back where the belong. Crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or even worse, watch them enforce their demands on your country.
- Religious tolerance now depends on the ideas and decisions you take, making it a new layer of strategy. As cardinals stay loyal longer, the power of the Papa Controller has grown, as he can now excommunicate rulers, and call crusades against infidels.
- Revised AI, focusing on strategic top level goals, with support for fully scriptable logics.
More articles about Europa Universalis III: In Nomine