You have unfinished business with the dead. Return to the Train Station and Hotel at Dowerton for a second time; there is a new mystery to solve, and new horrors to face. The old buildings have deteriorated since your last perilous adventure, so you must watch your step, and never turn your back on the darkness...for something hides there; Something evil, unknowable and hungry. The dead of Dowerton are the least of your problems, as you are stalked from one derelict room to the next, by the Dark Fall itself. It wants your soul; to feed upon, devour and torture. You must make the ghosts of the hotel your ally, through any means you can. For it is only through successful exorcisms that you will gain the strength to battle the darkness that lurks in that long forgotten, abandoned place.
Darkling Room's creator of the game Jonathan Boakes said: "Gold! Lost Souls, the third Dark Fall game, has finally 'gone gold', which means it is ready for stores. This last stage seems to have taken quite a bit of time, to finalize, but with a new OS (Windows 7), it is always best to test, test and test some more. The extra time has allowed for me to tweak a few elements, as well as augment others (a lot more scary sounds!). It means I have been spending quite a lot of time, inside The Station Hotel, exploring the darkest world I am likely to create. If my previous game, The Lost Crown, boasted "the most 'realistic' ghost-hunting adventure", then Lost Souls will definitely be the creepiest adventure. Don't play it alone, or at night, and NEVER play it in the dark. The Dark Fall is waiting... your hotel room awaits. I can't guarantee rest and relaxation, but I can promise you'll have nightmares."
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder said: “We are extremely pleased that Dark Fall: Lost Souls has now reached gold status. I think it stands a good chance of becoming the most scary game of the year. The boxed version will be available a little later than planned at December 11th 2009 in the UK, various European countries that use English boxed versions and in the Iceberg webshop (free shipping on pre-order now). We will endeavor to assure that the electronic download version will be available by December 4th on various portals to be disclosed.”Key Features
- A brand new (and final) Dark Fall horror adventure.
- From the pen of Jonathan Boakes, author of The Lost Crown.
- Explore a derelict train station & hotel, abandoned since World War 2.
- A new game engine allows full exploration and movement.
- Physically interact with the eerie setting, to really ‘feel’ the place.
- Use light as your weapon and ally, to fight the darkness.
- Use Detective skills to solve an urban mystery.
- A hauntingly creepy stereo score that will chill and terrify.
- Explore the memories of the dead, in their own ‘nightmares’.
- Discover the true identity, and power behind, the Dark Fall itself.
More articles about Dark Fall: Lost Souls