Featuring the series’ trademark combat battle style, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast will deliver an array of exciting gameplay features, including powerful and customizable attacks, stunning HD graphics, and online or offline versus and tournament modes.
The first pack in the series is now available on PlayStation Network and will be ready for download from Xbox Live Marketplace on Nov. 26, 2009. The series includes customized character packs that will be released as free downloadable content every two weeks between now and April 2010. Each pack will include customized versions of popular characters, each with different powered-up abilities, which can be used in exciting versus battles in the game.
The following customized Dragon Ball character packs will be available for free download on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network biweekly (note: packs will be available on same days for both platforms, except holidays as noted):
- Nov. 24, 2009 (PlayStation Network): Warriors on Earth Pack – Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu
- Nov. 26, 2009 (Xbox Live Marketplace): Warriors on Earth Pack – Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu
- Dec. 10, 2009: Alien Warriors Pack – Vegeta (Scouter), Raditz, Nappa, Zarbon and Dodoria
- Dec. 22, 2009 (PlayStation Network): Ginyu Force Pack – Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burter, Jeice and Guldo
- Dec. 24, 2009 (Xbox Live Marketplace): Ginyu Force Pack – Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burter, Jeice and Guldo
- Jan. 7, 2010: Androids Pack – Android #16, Android #17, Android #18, Android #19 and Dr. Gero
- Jan. 21, 2010: Warriors of Justice Pack – Kid Gohan, Gohan, Kid Trunks, Goten and Videl
- Feb. 4, 2010: Revived Warriors Pack – Majin Buu, Kid Buu, Broly, Super Gogeta and Super Saiyan 3 Broly
- Feb. 18, 2010: Saiyans Pack – Majin Vegeta, Trunks (Fighting Teen), Vegito, Bardock and Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta
- March 4, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 1 – Goku, Teen Gohan, Piccolo, Bardock and Super Gogeta
- March 18, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 2 – Majin Vegeta, Frieza, Android #17, Android #18 and Cell
- April 1, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 3 – Vegeta (Scouter), Vegeta, Trunks (Sword), Vegito and Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta
- April 15, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 4 – Majin Buu, Super Buu, Kid Buu, Broly and Super Saiyan 3 Broly
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast culls more than 70 characters, including transformations, from the Dragon Ball Z tome to battle against each other throughout pivotal moments in the Dragon Ball Z series. Dragon Ball Z aficionados will be able to relive epic battles as their favorite heroes and villains from the series and also experience alternate “what if” moments that have not been seen in the original anime and manga series.
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast includes multiple modes of play with both offline and online options. Single-players can hone their techniques in the Dojo, fight through various Dragon Ball Z series sagas in the Dragon Battle Collection or test their skills in Super Battle Trial challenges. Once they’ve perfected their moves, players can face-off in versus or tournament modes against others either on or offline. Characters can also be customized with various configurations of Super Attacks based on the player’s preference. A full set of familiar series-based combat tools are at the player’s disposal from dashes, Ki Blasts, charge attacks, Ultimate Attacks, transformations, fusions and more.
New interactive and massively destructible environments lend an enhanced layer of intensity to the battle as characters can now take immense damage from being smashed into mountains, buildings and debris during heated battles. On top of classic signature moves, characters also benefit from a new “Super Rising” move which allows players to quickly fly upwards throughout large-scale battle stages, adding a new layer of strategy and tactics to the melee. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is set to deliver more explosive fighting action than ever seen before!
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast, rated “T” for Teen, will carry an MSRP of $59.99.
More articles about Dragon Ball: Raging Blast