This list does not include every issue:
- A) Missing saves - obviously this is a critical issue, but the circumstances of it seem pretty variable. We are under active investigation and trying to solve this as quickly as possible. We are gathering a few guinea pigs to take test builds to see if we can isolate and protect against this issue. ( Overwrite protection added, as well as save backups for last save - we don't consider this resolved yet, though - 11:46AM )
( OVERWRITE FOUND! WORKAROUND POSSIBLE! DO NOT press Enter to create your character - use the OK button. If you do not, there is the potential of using the wrong savefile name when entering the game, thus wiping a previous character. Fixed 9:49PM)
- B) Long load times - We are actively investigating this now, and have some possible leads (UPDATE - FIXED - 2 fixes actually! ISAWHIM's fix, as well as several internal fixes to the way that resources are handled should really help this )
- C) Poor ingame performance on certain machines, when there really shouldn't be - this may be related to B) - under investigation ( UPDATE - some improvement due to B's fix as well! )
- D) Certain antivirus programs (Avira Antivir) incorrectly report that the Torchlight.exe file in the packages from Perfect World and Runic is infected with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen. We are in contact with the vendor to address this issue.
- E) Needle arc XP issue - fixed
- F) Stacking Shadow Armor effects - fixed
- G) Vendor Dupe bug with always-available vendor items - reproduced, should be fixed today. (UPDATE! Fixed 12:32PM )
- H) Startup issues on some hardware/resolution combinations. We think we know what this is, and are probably going to refactor some of the startup fullscreen code in an attempt to take care of it. We may gather a few guinea pigs to help us out. ( UPDATE - FIXED! 2:43AM! I AM GOING TO BED! )
- I) Brink bug ( Brink doesn't follow you on subsequent plays, and fails to show up at cinematic ) Fixed
- J) Store 'thief' bug - fixed
- K) Right clicking in inventory casts certain spells - ( Fixed Oct 29th 3:00PM )
- L) Console not activating on Steam builds - fixed
- M) ADDITION : Rimlights, HW Skinning, and VSynch can all be altered from the Settings menu now.
- N) Syl Bug : Fixed issue with Syl not being "skippable" during first boss fight. ( FIXED Oct. 29th 1:20pm )
- 0) DOT Deaths not dropping loot. ( FIXED Oct. 29th 1:20pm )
- P) Quest items no longer allowed in stash ( Fixed Oct 29th 4:00PM )
- Q) Several level fixes for a few places where things overlapped, or collision was missing, or stuck-issues cropped up
- R) Fixed texture/mesh/ replacement stuff for mods
- S) You can now change difficulty level on the fly from the console without being branded a Cheater ( UNLESS you're playing hardcore ) ( Oct 29th 11:46AM )
- T) Some minion kills not providing Fame from champions ( most seem to work - perhaps an exception? ) - ( Pet minions were not awarding fame - fixed )
- U) Fixed issue with loading Mods taking the game an excessive amount of time to start up. - FIXED Oct. 31
- V) Pets inherit your spell masteries
- W) Magic find takes the max value between you and your pet when pets or pet minions make a kill
- X) Visible/increasing chance of stripping enchants via enchanter. Price based on # of enchants.
- Y) Troll and Aloe Gel pets were possible to kill - fixed
- Z) Tree Boss could be charmed - fixed
- A1) Checkpoint Server issue - in investigation at Yummy
You have our great apologies if you are experiencing one of these issues ( or other issues not listed here yet ).
- B1) Returning to town if you died by the Ember Colossus or Medea would make them dormant on return - fixed.
- Hardware skinning issue with Pets on the Main Menu - Fixed
- Bad state when fighting the first henchmen attempting to save Syl - Fixed
Torchlight is developed in Seattle team by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate. Our team has spent many years honing and evolving this unique style of gameplay.
The adventure is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember - a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember’s influence on the civilizations that have come before.
Runic Games will initially release Torchlight as a standalone Single Player game, and then work will commence on a fully-featured MMO version.
Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomization ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.
- Randomization – Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure.
- Easy, approachable interface – Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world.
- Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can "retire" and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
- Pets – Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.
- Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
- Fishing – Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered
- Included Editor – Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content.
The Torchlight MMO expands on virtually every aspect of gameplay. While maintaining the fast-paced Action RPG gameplay style, Torchlight will introduce many traditional MMO features and an expansive world. Like the other Perfect World-published MMOs, Torchlight will be "Free-To-Play." Players can earn and spend money to upgrade a large variety of items to enhance their game play experience through an in-game item shop.
Published by Perfect World, the Torchlight MMO will offer a rich social environment where players can adventure together in a contiguous over world environment with many different dungeon types to explore. Populated by a diverse and colorful set of vendors, quest-givers, and town elders, players will learn about the rich lore and history of Torchlight and the surrounding Ember veins, and set off on quests and adventures that reveal the secrets, dangers, and long history of the magical substance.
Key MMO Additions
- Expansive World – Large overland areas and deep, randomly generated dungeons offer a variety of exploration and adventuring opportunities.
- Customization – The level of character customization is upped significantly in the MMO, with more class choices, looks, and options which allow a truly personalized character.
- Territory Wars – Torchlight will take advantage of precedent set by other Perfect World MMOs and offer weekly battles for territory, with winners receiving significant rewards.
- Mounts – Large variety of mounts to assist in navigating the world.
- PvP – Torchlight will give PvP fans a variety of constructs to determine just who the mightiest warrior in the land is.
- Social Features – Marriage systems, buddy lists, chat features, and world events will all create a rich social environment never before seen in an action MMO.
More articles about Torchlight