Namco Bandai informed us that it is working on an online co-op Scenario Campaign mode update, as well as a patch to improve the online game experience (currently in testing).
Ready to set the standard for fighting games with stunning realism and uncompromising quality, Tekken 6 promises to deliver a pulse-pounding edge-of-your-seat experience with bone jarring punches and gut wrenching grapples.
Tekken 6 for the PSP will be the quintessential companion for players who want to hone their fighting skills on-the-go. Unbridled vengeance will be served worldwide this Fall when each version of the game delivers pulse-pounding, edge-of-your-seat action with bone-jarring punches and gut-wrenching grapples.
Optimized for the PSP system, Tekken 6 will not only contain all the explosive action of its home console brethren but also feature additional stages, content, items, and an ad-hoc multiplayer mode. Fighting amongst friends is encouraged as players can battle wirelessly against each other using original or fan favorite characters. Rounding out its list of impressive features is the return of the “Ghost” Infrastructure mode, which allows players to upload their “ghost” character data and download others’ from the Internet onto their PSP system. When players have reached the height of their Tekken fighting skills, they will be able to see how they stack up against others through the game’s network support.
A must-have for Tekken aficionados, Tekken 6 sees the return of many familiar faces as well as new characters to create the largest line-up the series has ever seen. With a growing roster of fighters, each equipped with their own deadly techniques, moves and attack combinations, Tekken 6 will be the best King of Iron Fist Tournament yet. Adding to the already rich gaming experience, a deeper character customization feature will only further enhance the incredible fighting intensity as players go mano-y-mano. Players can also take the battle online for classic match-ups and to compete for world domination.
Tekken 6 online features include:
- Ranked Match and Player Match:
- Rank up or work to improve your fighting skills by battling opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat functionality;
- Data Upload & Download:
- Create and upload customised ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style;
- Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you're not online;
- Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents around the world.
- Scenario Online Co-op
- New feature coming this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update;
- Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with friends around the globe.
- Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe;
- Rank: overall on and offline ranking, from Beginner to Tekken God;
- Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival.
Exclusive PlayStation Home features include:
- Tekken 6 Title Lounge
- Host Versus and Co-op Sessions: Gather friends and start matches from the Lounge within PlayStation Home; Online Scenario co-op mode coming free this winter;
- Home Rewards: Players have the chance to win exclusive costume pieces and furniture at the Lounge for their personal space.
More articles about Tekken 6