This major update comes with dozens of bug fixes, map line of sight tweaks, data file changes for increased historical accuracy of equipment performance, and much more.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Close Combat: The Longest Day has earned many well-deserved accolades from gamers and reviewers alike as it recreates the full scope and incredible challenge of the first day of the Allied landings in Normandy. We’re thrilled to continue to support this fantastic game series and Close Combat fans should expect more updates for existing releases as well as additional new releases!”
Close Combat - The Longest Day is a highly enhanced rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat Invasion Normandy, originally developed by Atomic Games. Take command of either the Allied Expeditionary Force or Germany’s Wehrmacht. You will either carry out the world’s largest amphibious invasion to liberate Europe from Nazi occupation or defend Hitler’s Atlantic Wall! From the initial airborne landings to the fight for the beaches and the drive inland towards the D-Day objectives, Close Combat – The Longest Day covers it all.
Close Combat – The Longest Day comes with expanded force pools, support for much larger maps, night battles with simulated flare effects, and more! Also included in this rebuild is are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign covering all the beaches and landing areas as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign available for download!
- Comes with all new 60+ battles, operations and campaigns.
- Expanded strat layer with new strat map image as well as 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps. That's an additional 21 tactical map slots over the original game!
- Extended ForcePool list to display 25 of 25 available units as opposed to the 20 that stock CC5 displayed.
- New reports at the end of battle showing campaign cohesion and VL control – track your progress after each bout.
- New enhanced Grand Campaign as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign.
- Display of battlegroup cohesion and fatigue status.
- Game now accepts maps up to 4800x4800 pixels as compared to the stock CC5 map size of 3600x3600 pixels.
- Off-board or off-map support quantities now tied to difficulty level.
- Improved graphical communication of strat map connections.
- Tweaked User Interface graphics, with nearly all new planes, vehicles and map graphics. Also includes carefully crafted game play manual
- Capable of simulating airborne battlegroup deployment drop zones.
More articles about Close Combat: The Longest Day