Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
Local fans can be among the first to purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare2, releasing at midnight as part of a series of special events at several Best Buy stores nationwide. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to the best-selling first-person action game of all time, will be available for purchase beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, November 10 at Best Buy locations nationwide.
Marking the follow up to 2007’s blockbuster Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action that has come to be the hallmark of the franchise, as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
Best Buy Blue Shirts will be ready to help customers get the most out of their gaming experience. Customers can check out the latest in technology home theater technology that allows them to experience the High Definition graphics and surround sound that make the game come to life.
Best Buy will be offering an instant $10 Best Buy gift card for Reward Zone Gamer’s Club members with additional giveaways taking place throughout the events.
Please note: Best Buy sales associates check IDs and do not sell M-Rated video games to people under 17.
- Monday, November 9: 10:30 p.m. — Gaming fans line up for a chance to purchase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Tuesday, November 10: 12:01 a.m. —Best Buy opens its doors early for fans to buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Beginning with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s worldwide release on Nov. 10, fans can arm themselves with Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Console, which features an exclusive design inspired by the epic thriller, more storage space than ever before in a 250GB Hard Drive, two Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers, as well as an Xbox 360 Headset and a Standard Edition copy of “Modern Warfare 2” for an estimated retail price of $399.99 (USD).
All PC versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be powered by Steamworks, providing gamers with auto-updating, anti-cheat technology, Steam Achievements, and the recently introduced Steam Cloud.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PC will include 50 Steam Achievements, enticing players to train a local militia and be "Back in the Saddle" or infiltrate the snowy mountain side base and earn the "Cold Shoulder." Fans may access the game from any computer. And through Steam Cloud, multiplayer game progress will be stored persistently and travel with the player.
- Hard Drive Space: 16 GB free hard drive space
- Operating System: Windows Vista/XP
- Processor: AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
- RAM: 512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (VISTA)
- Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia GeForce 6600GT / ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
Key Features :
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer Reinvented
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Console, will be sold in Europe, the Middle East (UAE, Saudi Arabia), UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Australia and New Zealand.
More articles about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2