In the midst of the snowfields of Greenland lies Alpha Polaris, an American oil research station. High above, the ion storm of the century is gathering, bringing about a strange intermixing of reality and night terrors. It is up to Rune Knudsen, a Norwegian biologist, to take on a desperate struggle against fear and death, and to face the primordial force lurking beyond the veiled sky.
“The heart of the game is its restrained horror setting. It allows us to explore a wide range of human themes in a realistic way: paranoia, isolation, friendship, love and so on. To us, that is the core of a good horror adventure.” says project leader Teemu Vilén.
- Mature, character-driven storyline
- Streamlined point & click interface
- Puzzles are an integral part of the story
- 3D characters in beautiful, pre-rendered scenes
- 1280 x 800 widescreen resolution
- Expressive, hand-drawn dialogue portraits
- Atmospheric soundscape including original soundtrack
More articles about Alpha Polaris