Dragons Lair is the fantasy adventure where you become a valiant knight, on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon. You control the actions of a daring adventurer, finding his way through the castle of a dark wizard, who has enchanted it with treacherous monsters and obstacles. In the mysterious caverns below the castle, your odyssey continues against the awesome forces that oppose your efforts to reach the Dragon's Lair. Lead on, adventurer. Your quest awaits!
No quarters needed! You’ll soon have your chance to take on all the “Lair” has to throw at you, right in the palm of your hand. For the first time on any handheld Nintendo® system, you’ll be able to play Dirk in his original animated form – no pixel graphics here!
On December 21st in North America and January 1st in Europe, you’ll take on the role of Dirk the Daring, a knight on a quest to rescue the fair Princess Daphne from the clutches on an evil dragon - Now using your Nintendo DSi!
- Dual Screen (book-style) full-screen action
- Single Screen (top-down) full-screen action
- D-Pad & Touch screen support (in both Dual Screen & Single Screen modes)
- Voice Recognition
- Rumble Pak Support
- Arcade & Home modes: This feature allows you to switch between the Arcade and Home versions of the game (Arcade default). The differences between the two are that the latter includes the additional sequences that were not in the original Arcade game.
- Game Statistics: Displays your lives and overall score
- Lives: Choose between unlimited, standard 5 lives or sudden death single life mode
- Difficulty: Easy or Hard. The Hard option complicates things by adding additional moves in certain sequences and mixes up the scenes for less linear stage progression. Timing of moves is also affected – achieve higher scores
- Visual Move Guide On/Off: Toggle this option on to bring up a visual clue that shows whether you entered the right move or not. A red circle means you entered the wrong move or your timing is off, a green one lets you know you did it right.
- Watch mode (learning mode – video mode): All game scenes without deaths – all game scenes with deaths scenes, in addition to an option where the player can choose to watch a specific scene
More articles about Dragon's Lair