Based on Games Workshop's epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
All past subscribers of WAR are invited to return to the game between December 16th – 23rd to receive special in-game item rewards and ten (10) free days of game time to discover why WAR is now even better than ever!
Returning players must visit the Mythic Account Center between December 16th – 23rd to reactivate their WAR accounts. Players will have access to all of their characters during the free 10-day re-evaluation period which begins upon reactivation. No subscription required.
“So much has changed on the battlefields of WAR over the past several months, and we are giving all returning players 10 free days to come back and experience these improvements for themselves,” said Jeff Hickman, Studio Executive Producer at Mythic Entertainment. “The game runs faster and is more stable than ever before. We’ve really improved the RvR experience – we’ve removed fortresses as a barrier to sacking the cities, we’ve implemented the new Underdog System, and you can always find a battle in Open RvR. There has never been a better time to step back into the Age of Reckoning and re-join the WAR!”
The Call to Arms Reenlistment Campaign will also offer returning players three valuable in-game item rewards: The Libram of Insight (+15% to Experience, Renown, and Influence; limited uses), The Signet of Cursed Company (turns a player into a skeleton), and Kemmler’s Arthritic Hand (enhanced Action Point regeneration). In addition, both current and former players will receive a 20% bonus to Experience, Renown and Influence while playing WAR from December 16th – 23rd.
New users and returning players can download the Warhammer Online endless free trial.
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning