Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd-person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players will take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players will carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla will also feature a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.
Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
Instead of the usual double or less frequent triple XP that most games run, we’re launching our “Get Your Ass Back to Mars” Event with a bang by giving all players on X360 and PS3 five full days worth of quintuple XP. You read that correctly, 5x XP for 5 entire days across every mode from Anarchy to Siege.
For the Achievement/Trophy Hunter in all of you, it is now easier than ever to earn 50 points or get that Gold trophy for 100,000 XP. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can push on a little farther and obtain 120,000 XP in order to obtain the legendary Ostrich Hammer. If you’ve never played Red Faction Guerrilla’s multiplayer yet, this is your chance. A new account under quintuple XP settings will earn approximately 10 unlocks after just a single game!
But that’s not all! Starting this week - and throughout the event - on our official Twitter account (@RedFaction), we’re giving away some free DLC codes for each console. Follow along to receive updates for when the individual codes will be posted to our account and have a chance to grab them before anyone else. Each of our 3 packages will be given away to a handful of lucky fans.
The “Get Your Ass Back to Mars” event runs from Thursday, December 17th until end of day on Monday, December 21st.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets.
- Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
More articles about Red Faction: Guerrilla