Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the halls of Rapture once again echo with sins of the past. Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture. Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival.
Multiplayer in BioShock 2 will provide a rich prequel experience that expands the origins of the BioShock fiction. Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture that was first explored in the original BioShock. Players will need to use all the elements of the BioShock toolset to survive, as the full depth of the BioShock experience is refined and transformed into a unique multiplayer experience that can only be found in Rapture.
BioShock 2 Achievements:
- Bought a Slot – Bought one Plasmid or Tonic Slot at a Gatherer’s Garden. 5 Points
- Max Plasmid Slots – Fully upgraded to the maximum number of Plasmid Slots. 10 Points
- Upgraded a Weapon – Upgraded a weapon at a Power to the People Station. 10 Points
- Fully Upgraded a Weapon – Installed the third upgrade to a weapon. 10 Points
- All Weapon Upgrades – Found every Power to the People weapon upgrade in the game. 20 Points
- Prolific Hacker – Hacked one of each kind of machine. 20 Points
- Master Hacker – Hacked 30 machines at a distances with the Hack Tool. 20 Points
- First Research – Researched a Splicer with the Research Camera. 5 Points
- One Reserach Track – Maxed out one Research Track. 20 Points
- Research Master – Completed all research on every subject in Rapture. 20 Points
- Grand Daddy – Defeated 3 Big Daddies without dying during the fight. 25 Points
- Master Gatherer – Gathered 600 ADAM with Little Sisters. 30 Points
- Fully Upgraded a Plasmid - Fully upgraded one Plasmid to the Level 3 version. 10 Points
- All Plasmids – Found or purchased all 11 basic Plasmid types. 20 Points
- Trap Master – Killed 30 enemies using only Traps. 15 Points
- Master Protector – Got through a Gather with no damage and no one getting to the Little Sister. 15 Points
- Big Spender – Spent 2000 dollars at Vending Machines. 15 Points
- Dealt with Every Little Sister – Dealt with every Little Sister. 50 Points
- Big Brass Balls – Finished the game without using Vita-Chambers. 25 Points
- Rapture Historian – Found 100 audio diaries. 40 Points
- Welcome to Rapture – Completed your first non-private match. 10 Points
- Unnatural Selection – Scored your first kill in a non-private match. 10 Points
- Disgusting Frankenstein – Become a Big Daddy for the first time in a non-private match. 10 Points
- “Mr. Bubbles– No!” – Took down your first Big Daddy in a non-private match. 20 Points
- Against All Odds – Finished the game on the hardest difficulty level. 30 Points
- Two-Bit Heroics – Completed your first trial in a non-private match. 10 Points
- Mother Goose – Saved your first Little Sister in a non-private match. 20 Points
- Parasite – Achieved Rank 10. 10 Points
- Little Moth – Achieved Rank 20. 20 Points
- Skin Job – Achieved Rank 30. 20 Points
- Choose the Impossible – Achieved Rank 40. 50 Points
- Proving Grounds – Won your first non-private match. 20 Points
- Man About Town – Played at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map. 10 Points
- Evolution of the Genetically Enhanced Shooter: Innovative advances bring new depth and dimension to each encounter. New elements, such as the ability to dual-wield weapons and Plasmids, allow players to create exciting combinations of punishment
- Return to Rapture: Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original BioShock, the story continues with an epic, more intense journey through one of the most captivating and terrifying fictional worlds ever created
- You Are the Big Daddy: Take control of BioShock’s signature and iconic symbol with the original prototype Big Daddy, and experience the power and raw strength of Rapture’s most feared denizens as you battle powerful new enemies
- Continuation of the Award-Winning Narrative: New and unique storytelling devices serve as the vehicle for the continuation of one of gaming’s most acclaimed storyline
- Genetically Enhanced Multiplayer – Earn experience points during gameplay to earn access to new Weapons, Plasmids and Tonics that can be used to create hundreds of different combinations, allowing players to develop a unique character that caters to their playing style.
- Experience Rapture’s Civil War– Players will step into the shoes of Rapture citizens and take direct part in the civil war that tore Rapture apart.
- See Rapture Before the Fall – Experience Rapture before it was reclaimed by the ocean and engage in combat over iconic environments in locations such as Kashmir Restaurant and Mercury Suites, all of which have been reworked from the ground up for multiplayer.
- FPS Veterans Add Their Touch to the Multiplayer Experience – Digital Extremes brings more than 10 years of first person shooter experience including development of award-winning entries in the Unreal and Unreal Tournament franchise.
More articles about BioShock 2