Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a blistering third person action adventure shooter.
Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artefact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat and mouse against a fugitive war criminal who is after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city.
Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything – but has his luck finally run out?
Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Below is a list of what is different:
- Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update
- Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID. Support for this is available to all players from the very beginning and can be edited within the player Profile menu – the same place where you choose your boosters.
- Load times have been decreased significantly: You will notice that the game loads into a map much faster after leaving the vote screen. This will help get players into games faster and keep people playing instead of waiting in the menu system.
- Added “Rematch” functionality: At the end of a game, all players will be put back into matchmaking together, allowing you to play the same group of people over again. This decreases wait times, while still allowing people to leave after a match if they so desire. Again, this gets people into games faster and allows more time playing and less time in the menus
- Adjusted some Boosters for balance
- Addressed issue with Player’s Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly
- Addressed issue with Double Cash not doubling medal cash rewards
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the follow up to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, will feature up to 10 players in 5-versus-5 competitive gameplay. Cooperative multiplayer modes allow up-to-3 players to progress through a variety of environments by working together to accomplish set objectives. Utilizing a robust party system, groups of players will remain together in ranked and custom matches while earning currency, which used in combination with currency earned in single player missions, will unlock additional content and upgrades.
Presented with multiple modes of competitive gameplay, players battle in ranked matches that include Death Match and Plunder, a unique style of multiplayer competition that encourages team work to transport a treasure over dynamic terrain such as ledges and obstacles. Plunder brings truly vertical game play to traditional multiplayer modes. With maps based on environments from the single player campaign, players are taken from the nighttime streets of a war torn city to a Nepalese village and have the ability to create custom games allowing them to play any type of game on any map.
- Free-flowing gunplay adds a unique vertical element to standard third person shooting mechanics
- Immersive action adventure epic featuring gun fights, melee combat, stealth, platform play and puzzle solving
- A blockbuster gaming experience – over-the-top set pieces, compelling cinematics and high production values plunge you into the story
More articles about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves