v1.02 Changes list
Anyone who buys the game from now on will automatically receive the multi language version. If you already have the game and want to upgrade to v1.02 with all the new languages then download it, if you do not want the new languages you do not need this patch
v1.01 Changes list
- New play mode – Blood mode. In blood mode you take casualties in battles and get no free healing, so must recruit replacements. This was the most requested feature change so we did it! This makes the game much harder! You can play any campaign with this turned on or off. After each battle you must pay to recruit replacements so be very careful as you could easily end up with a situation where your army cannot win. This is not for the feint hearted.
- Complete new campaign – “The honourable Knight”! Load up the patch and you'll see a new icon on the campaign wheel. This campaign has been designed to be played in Blood mode so beware!
- Completely new ambient sound scape. All maps have new ambient sound effects and triggers. Much much better!
- More army customization options. You can have a choice of 3 different basic colours for your men. English troops can be red, yellow or black. French can be dark blue, light blue or green. 2 new shields patterns per side have also been added. This really adds a huge amount to the army design. Very cool.
- When in blood mode you'll see new UI button to heal individual squads that are damaged and the entire army.
- There is a fix for the NVidia drivers issue so you should be able to go back to the latest drivers and it will work. We could not get NVidia to fix their driver bug so we worked around it!
- The in battle morale bar now shows the points at which a squad will become shaken and rout. Useful for planning when to use battle cards.
- The mouse zoom rate has been improved. You can also tweak the rate from inside the user settings file.
- The Scenario editor allows you to customize enemy army uniforms more easily.
- The Scenario editor allows you to set up the banner and tile colours for enemy sides. E.g. in the new campaign the English have been coloured Black.
- Tutorial 1 – fixed a big where the players general could get killed by peasants.
- Tutorial 2 – fixed a bug where rallied enemy troops broke the flow of the tutorial.
- Hostages scenario bug. Stop routed enemies rallying and killing the hostages.
- Tourney scenario bug – this now ends when the general has lost all its men.
History Great Battles Medieval is set against the background of the historic Hundred Years' War, spanning various conflicts between England and France in the 14th and 15th centuries. HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval allows players to assume complete control of huge armies with more than 40 different units. From knights on horseback to infantry, French crossbowmen and English longbow archers, all units of the two warring factions are represented in the game, historically correct. Whether in campaign mode, a brief skirmish, or multiplayer mode, History Great Battles Medieval offers precise, realistic recreations of medieval battles.
To round out this authentic, true-to-detail gaming experience, the game features video clips from the award-winning History programming library.
- Advanced graphics engine optimized for the capabilities of each platform
- Free form quest map that allows players to decide when and where to fight within a historical framework
- 70 Medieval battles, including 26 historical encounters from the Hundred Years war (like the well-known siege of Orléans or the Battle of Crécy)
- More than 40 different units all accurately researched and carefully modeled
- Weapons and shields are added to each unit by the player, giving an almost infinite number of equipment combinations
- Over 100 unique skills to customize your squads.
More articles about History: Great Battles Medieval