The Mass Effect trilogy is a masterful science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life forms and mysterious uncharted planets. In this dark second chapter, Saren’s evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril…
The second chapter in the Mass Effect trilogy takes you to the darkest reaches of space, where you must uncover the mystery behind the disappearance of humans across many worlds. Prepare yourself for a suicide mission to save mankind. Travel the galaxy to assemble a team of soldiers and combat specialists, and launch an all-out assault on the heart of enemy territory.
Once again stepping into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, gamers will command their crew on a suicide mission in space. Players will strategically select each member of their squad, all of whom have a direct impact on the direction of the story and the squad’s chances for survival. Players will select from a motley cast of characters including the newly revealed ‘Grunt’ – a blood-hungry Krogan.
Once players have assembled their squad from amongst the galaxy’s most powerful mystics, geniuses, and convicts, they must lead them on a suicide mission to discover why humans are vanishing from the galaxy. The success of the mission hinges on the squad recruited and their loyalty to the mission. Shepard’s future depends on it.
Mass Effect 2 Achievements:
- Missing in Action: Save your crew from an overwhelming attack (5).
- Very Elusive: Return to active duty (10).
- The Convict: Successfully recruit the biotic Convict (10).
- The Krogan: Successfully recruit the krogan (10).
- The Archangel: Successfully recruit Archangel (10).
- The Professor: Successfully recruit the Professor (10).
- The Quarian: Successfully recruit the quarian (10).
- The Justicar: Successfully recruit the Justicar (10).
- The Assassin: Successfully recruit the Assassin (10).
- Friend or Foe: Obtain geth technology (10).
- Colony Defense: Defend a human colony from attack (25).
- The Prodigal: Gain the loyalty of the Cerberus Officer (10).
- Ghost of the Father: Gain the loyalty of the Cerberus Operative (10).
- Catharsis: Gain the loyalty of the biotic Convict (10).
- Battlemaster: Gain the loyalty of the krogan (10).
- Fade Away: Gain the loyalty of Archangel (10).
- The Cure: Gain the loyalty of the Professor (10).
- Treason: Gain the loyalty of the quarian (10).
- Doppelganger: Help the Justicar resolve her mission (10).
- Cat's in the Cradle: Gain the loyalty of the Assassin (10).
- A House Divided: Hack a geth collective (10).
- Ghost Ship: Complete the investigation of a derelict alien vessel (25).
- Suicide Mission: Use the Omega 4 Relay (50).
- Mission Accomplished: Save humanity throughout the galaxy from certain annihilation (125).
- Against All Odds: Survive suicide mission (15).
- Insanity: Complete the game on the "Insanity" difficulty level without changing the setting (75).
- No One Left Behind: Keep your team alive through the suicide mission (75).
- Long Service Medal: Complete Mass Effect 2 twice, or complete it once with a character imported from Mass Effect 1 (75).
- Paramour: Successfully pursue a relationship with a teammate (50).
- Head Hunter: Perform 30 headshot kills with any weapon on humanoid targets (10).
- Brawler: Shoot and kill 20 enemies while they're knocked back by a punch (10).
- Big Game Hunter: Thresher Maw defeated (10).
- Tactician: Hit 20 different targets with multiple biotic powers to combine the effects (10).
- Master at Arms: Kill enemies with 5 different heavy weapons during the game (15).
- Merciless: Make 20 enemies scream as they fall or are set on fire (10).
- Overload Specialist: Disrupt the shields of 25 enemies (15).
- Warp Specialist: Warp the barriers of 25 enemies (15).
- Incineration Specialist: Incinerate the armor of 25 enemies (15).
- Operative: Complete a mission discovered by scanning an unexplored world (15).
- Agent: Complete 5 missions discovered by scanning unexplored worlds (50).
- Prospector: Retrieve mineral resources by scanning and probing a planet in the galaxy map (5).
- Explorer: Visit 100% of the planets in an unexplored cluster (10).
- Power Gamer: Reach Level 30 with one character (10).
- Scholar: Unlock 15 new Mass Effect 2 codex entries (15).
- Technician: Obtain 10 technology upgrades (15).
- Weapon Specialist: Fully upgrade a weapon (15).
- Scientist: Complete any research project in the Normandy's laboratory (10).
- Fashionista: Personalize your armor in your quarters on the Normandy (5).
- Power Full: Evolve any power (15).
- Highly Trained: View all advanced combat training videos at Shepard's private terminal (15).
- The second act of BioWare's epic sci-fi trilogy continues the story of Commander Shepard and humanity's first steps onto the galactic stage
- Success - or failure - depends heavily on the crew you assemble and their loyalty to you and the mission
- Stunning graphics and a refined dialog system will draw you into the story like never before
- Numerous improvements to the intense, third-person shooter combat
- Deep character customization options let you create your own vision of Commander Shepard
More articles about Mass Effect 2