Set in the year 2409, Star Trek Online will allow players to immerse themselves in the future of the Star Trek universe, exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations in an ever expanding vast universe. Command a starship as a Federation or a Klingon Captain, outfit it with custom systems and recruit, train and mold a crew into an elite force for exploration and combat. Missions take players into thrilling space battle, planetside for face-to-face combat and even inside starships!
Powered by the Cryptic Engine, Star Trek Online will be developed for both console and PC formats. With customizable ships and characters from the Klingon Empire and United Federation of Planets, ground, space and shipboard gameplay and unique options for player-generated content set in the Star Trek universe, Star Trek Online is the MMOG that allows you to boldly go where no one has gone before!
The UK exclusive Gold Edition of Star Trek Online which will be available to purchase at an RRP of £39.99 from retailers as of 2nd February 2010. Fans will be able to pre-order the box set, containing a wealth of Star Trek goodies that would make even a Ferengi blush, from early January.
With huge names such as Zachary Qunito and Leonard Nimoy already lending their talents to Star Trek Online, the Cryptic developed MMO is shaping up to be a Star Trek title set to live long and prosper. The Gold Edition will whet the appetite of Trek fans everywhere in a beautifully presented, foil-blocked Collector's Boxset complete with:
- Limited Edition Star Trek Online T-Shirt.
- Detailed map of the Alpha Quadrant.
- Exclusive five-piece artwork set.
- A DLC code to access the Deep Space Nine uniform set.
- 30-Days of free play.
By pre-ordering in January, fans will be entitled to even more extras such as additional DLC, free microtransaction points and access to the three-day headstart programme ahead of the worldwide, 2nd February launch. More details on this to follow in the New Year.
Key Features :
- The Star Trek universe will appear for the first time in a massively multiplayer online game. Everything from the elegant domes of Starfleet Academy to the ancient temples of Vulcan, from the towers of Qo’noS to the Fire Caves of Bajor, from the mysterious Mutara Nebula to the unexplored voids of deep space, all will be represented in stunning 3-D graphics. Immerse yourself in the future of the Trek universe as it moves into the 25th century: a time of shifting alliances and new discoveries.
- Explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations in an expanding vast universe. Make contact with alien races, discover resources and uncover mysteries that will change the future of the Star Trek universe.
- Command your own starship as a Federation Captain or a Klingon Warrior. Outfit it with the systems that you need to make your mark in the galaxy. Customize your ship as you see fit. Recruit, train and mold your crew into an elite force for exploration and combat.
- Command your vessel in thrilling space battles, or beam down to planets with your away team for face-to-face confrontations. Missions will take you and your friends into space, planetside and even inside starships!
Starting Jan. 12, 2010 thru Jan. 26, 2010 fans will be able to explore the Star Trek Universe and play the first-of-a-kind massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
Open beta keys will be given out on a first come first serve basis, sign up now!
More articles about Star Trek Online