New Features Offline Mode:
- huge database update (database of 24/11)
- option to either load the latest EA database or the Editor database (e.g. with your own data) at game start
- various new player pictures (focus on Coca Cola Championship)
- new Hall of Fame player pictures of retired players in the UK (only very few, but will become more in the future)
- new live ticker text
- complete historic league results of the Bundesliga since the very first matchday back in 1963
- additional historic league results for France and Italy
- better handling of widgets in resolutions like 1440x900 (move your mouse pointer over a widget to see it completely)
- improved website headlines
- pre-selected half-time talks (save some mouse clicks)
- option to switch off the display of song titles in the main menu
New Features Online Mode:
- new "Away from Keyboard" feature
- if you join a running game, you now get the status of the game, that is, at which point of the week the other users currently are (e.g. the main menu or a matchday). This way you can quickly estimate how long it will take you to actually join the game.
- click on a game in the game list to see its participants
- the market value of the next auctioned player is given on the transfer market overview screen
- team levels and the current matchday are now part of the match screen
- the timeline icons (goals, cards, substitutions), already used in the offline mode, will now also be seen online
- you can add another manager to your friend list directly from the respective manager info screen (available by right clicking on your avatar in the main menu)
- option for the host to set the maximum number of humans players
- date displayed on all menu sub-screens
- manager points on friends list
- manager points comparison happens more often
- option to turn off the profanity filter
- draws with no clubs of human managers are skipped
- 3d match improvements (better and more varied shots, more realistic number of cards, improved passing, improved goalkeepers, defenders react faster, more realistic handballs, improved 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper, more realistic back passes)
- several small Action Mode improvements
- various tuning efforts (e.g. tactical education, loss of acceleration for older players now slower)
- improved website (e.g. added a second club name to transfer news, manager info if you click on a picture)
- about 140 different other bug fixes in total
- about 40 graphical improvements and screen layout changes (e.g. Player Training Progress)
- CaC problem in Italy
- "moved" clubs in France
- sometimes too much income when winning an indoor tournament
- "players sometimes end their careers too early" problem
- line-up crash (when saving a player list)
- not displayed goals in highlight mode
- long-term simulation crash
- improved AI training camp selection
- Ups & Downs now work for again for the player manager
- missing tooltips in replay mode
- won European Super Cup now added to the trophy list
- Hall of Fame: User pictures are now displayed correctly
- More realistic personal sponsor contracts for managers with a high manager level
- more modern German first names
- Youth department: Extension crash fixed
- Delegate transfers: Assistant now makes better use of the money
- Tactics/first team: Icons for crossing positions are now correct
- several graphical problems fixed at game start in the 1024x720 screen resolution
- user/additional desktop objects are now saved (no need to position them again after loading the save game)
- special characters are now correctly displayed on Russian OS
- Game start: Removed the cheat to start with more teams than allowed
- Player talks/Promises: Player levels no longer visible in UK version
- Live Ticker: Manager shouts no longer disabled after creating a player manager
- multiple player managers problem
- Pre-match screen: Background for international cup matches no longer dark
- Relegated players screen: Now with the option to add them to the short list or to scout them
- Stadium editor: Slope problem
- player manager can now make substitutions in Live Ticker match
- _PLAYER_CORNER_LEFT issues in Live Ticker fixed
- ONLINE: Matchday - sorting of the live table now works correctly
- ONLINE: Matchday - User receives " 0 actions available" at the beginning of the match
- ONLINE: 8-player crash fixed
- ONLINE: Trophy images missing in the player stats
- ONLINE: Improved referee names
Plans for Update 3:
- option to display the live ticker sentence by sentence
- option to display the live ticker word by word
- finished matches in live ticker now change their colour
- no commentary in Live Ticker conference mode
- massive increase of UK player pictures and of Hall of Fame pictures
- many additional city pictures
- Ups & Downs reworked and now more difficult
FIFA Manager 10 will give players the opportunity to find out who really is the best manager. It features a vast array of all-new features including, for the first time ever, a separate online mode where players can play against each other over LAN and internet. With this online mode, EA SPORTS responds to requests that have been expressed by fans of the popular football management simulation for a long time.
In the traditional offline part of the game this year’s new features are based 100% on requests from the fan community. More than 400 improvements have been made across the board and of course you still have full control over the management of a football club. You are responsible for the line-up, the tactics and the training of your team – as well as for signing the right players, improving the club facilities and the stadium. Special highlights are the player manager mode, the national team manager mode, the Create-a-Club mode and the Match Prognosis Tool.
- Online Mode: The online mode is free of charge, easy to begin with and you can play a season in 2-3 hours. All matches take place in text mode to keep the speed of the game up. Up to eight players can play in one of about 40 different first divisions from all over the world. This guarantees a huge number of head-to-head matches and frequent exciting player auctions. After the matchmaking on the EA server the season can immediately start and the players play the game peer-to-peer. Manager points and cups are sent to the EA server to create global rankings.
- Improved 3D Match: The 3D mode has been expanded by several hundred new animations and is now based on the latest FIFA 09 animation system. All tactical options were improved. It is now possible to directly click on players on the pitch to get all the necessary information on the player. New cameras (sideline, bird’s view, single player) give you even more options to analyse the match.
- Manager on the Sideline: For the first time, the manager is displayed in 3D on the sideline and can influence the match by the re-integrated feature “Manager Shouts”. More than 70 animations and 15 different shouts are available.
- Highlight Mode: Another large improvement in the 3D match is the highlight mode which includes a 2D display of the pitch and a large number of new texts.
- Improved Text Mode: FIFA Manager 10 includes an extended text mode with more than 5,000 events and many textual improvements. It includes the new “Manager Shouts” feature, an improved presentation of penalty shoot-outs, new videos and the original 3D match fan chants.
- Stadium Editor light: In addition to the complex 3D stadium editor you can now also create your stadium with just a few mouse-clicks.
- Stadium Infrastructure: Take care of the the food, the facilities, the stadium magazine, public transport, VIP areas, locker rooms. Fine tune details of all your facilities for maximum profit and the happiness of your supporters.
- Revised Game Website: Read everything about the game world in separate sections about national and international football plus in a special section on international competitions and national teams. The website includes a special local section if you play in “Create a Club” mode.
- Manager Diary: In the manager diary you can collect your personal photos of cups, stadiums and players. Where did you play, who did you meet and which scalps did you collect?
- Yearly Magazine: The yearly magazine includes all data from all teams of the top division of a country. It includes a season forecast, and you can read everything about the squad. The team, stadium and city pictures complete the overview.
- Improved User Interface: For the first time FIFA Manager 10 fully supports screen resolutions up to 1920x1200. The manager’s desktop is fully customizable with more than 30 widgets, a notepad, various backgrounds, and more than unlockable 50 objects for decoration.
- New Help System: On many screens you will now find “Info” buttons which deliver extensive information right to where it is needed. Selected information screens also give you insider hints while playing.
- Community Wishes: The FIFA World Player Gala, moving staff to new positions, player pictures on the line-up screen, automatic substitutions, more than one training objective per player, loan offers directly for the Reserves, four customisable line-ups, temporarily moving players to the Reserves, direct offers of other clubs, naturalisation of player with 2 nationalities, national team scouts, and customisable flags for the supporters in the 3D mode – these are just a few examples of the features implemented as requested by the community.
- User Generated Content: More than 40 parts of the game are easily extendable by the users. A special directory structure and the new file system make the content of the various fansites compatible.
- Database and Editor: FIFA Manager 10 comes with even more licensed leagues. The database includes now far more than 3,600 clubs and 31,000 players. More than 9,000 of these players are represented with real-life pictures, several hundred of them even with extra-large pictures. An extensive editor ships with the game. It allows you to add leagues, clubs and as many players as you like.
Minimum hardware requirements:
1.3 GHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor
1024 MB RAM, 2048 MB recommended (depending on the number of selected leagues)
64 MB (AGP/PCI-E), graphics card
12,000 MB available hard disk space
8x DVD-ROM drive
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
More articles about FIFA Manager 10