Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
All PC versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be powered by Steamworks, providing gamers with auto-updating, anti-cheat technology, Steam Achievements, and the recently introduced Steam Cloud.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PC includes 50 Steam Achievements, enticing players to train a local militia and be "Back in the Saddle" or infiltrate the snowy mountain side base and earn the "Cold Shoulder." Fans may access the game from any computer. And through Steam Cloud, multiplayer game progress will be stored persistently and travel with the player.
With more than eight million gamers on active duty in its first five days alone, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not only the biggest entertainment launch in history grossing more than $550 million, but also significantly outnumbers the world’s top-five armed forces combined.
The world’s largest virtual army, Modern Warfare 2 has:
- more than twice the number of troops in NATO’s 28 member countries combined (3.9 million active troops in NATO)
- more than three times the number of troops in the world’s largest army (People’s Liberation Army of China with 2.3 million)
- more than five times the number of active duty military personnel currently serving in the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force combined (1.4 million)
- more than six times the size of India’s Armed Forces (1.3 million)
- more than seven times the size of North Korea’s Korean People’s Army (1.1 million)
- And, eight times the size of personnel in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (1 million)
Key Features :
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer Reinvented
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Console, will be sold in Europe, the Middle East (UAE, Saudi Arabia), UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Australia and New Zealand.
More articles about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2