Q: Who are these characters in this video and what’s their significance in the overall story of the game?
NCSoft: The characters are the members of the famous adventuring group, Destiny’s Edge, renowned for their bravery and skill. Although Destiny’s Edge no longer travels together, tales of their heroic deeds are told in every part of Tyria.
- Logan Thackeray—Captain Logan Thackeray is a commander in the Seraph guard of Divinity’s Reach, defender of the last human kingdom. When danger threatens, Logan faces it with the determination of a man who knows that he is the only thing standing between all that he loves… and its utter destruction.
- Rytlock Brimstone—This ruthless charr warrior has risen quickly through the ranks of the Blood Legion to become a Tribune of great renown. He stands foremost among the charr of the Black Citadel, carrying a sword of fire and leading their armies to greatness.
- Eir Stegalkin—Eir is a norn hero and tactician of great renown. There are those who call her a visionary, who say she speaks to the Spirits of the Wild. With her companion wolf, Garm, Eir roams the icy Shiverpeaks, bow and blade in hand, searching for meaning in the snow’s silence.
- Zojja— The foremost apprentice of the venerable asura inventor Snaff, Zojja seeks to live up to her mentor’s legacy. Zojja’s intellect is unrivaled even by members of the Arcane Council of Rata Sum, and her ability to multitask across a spectrum of disciplines inspires awe and jealousy among her fellow asura.
- Caithe— Her blades are as swift as a blooded sunset, her movement as silent as the fall of night. Caithe was among the first sylvari to step upon the earth of Tyria, but where the others turned toward the sun, she sought shadow. She has never been afraid to gaze into darkness – or to seek truths that others fear.
Q: You show off some very interesting environments in the Races of Tyria video. Can you tell us more about them?
NCSoft: The game takes us across the vastness of Tyria to the homelands of each of the five signature races of Guild Wars 2.
- Divinity’s Reach—A breathtaking monument to the human spirit, this shining city is the capital of Kryta and a bastion of hope to embattled mankind.
- The Black Citadel—Capital of the Iron Legion, this massive charr war-keep was built on the ruins of the conquered human kingdom of Ascalon.
- Hoelbrak – In the frigid heights of the Shiverpeaks the norn have built this grand encampment, with huge lodges where they seek the wisdom of the Spirits of the Wild.
- The Grove—Deep in the Maguuma Jungle, this mystical settlement has grown around the Pale Tree, the birthplace of all sylvari.
- Rata Sum—Rising from the jungle, this metropolis of geomystic generators and giant ziggurats is full of brilliant asura and their golem servants.
Q: Some of the voices in the game seem familiar, can you identify the actors? How big is voice going to be in Guild Wars 2?
NCSoft: Seamlessly integrating voice into the game experience is a key feature of Guild Wars 2, so we have gathered world-class voice talent to help bring the world of Tyria alive. This video introduces the five iconic heroes of each race, all voiced by accomplished actors:
• Logan Thackeray the human defender is voiced by Troy Baker (Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece).
• Rytlock Brimstone the charr warrior is voiced by Steve Blum (Spectacular Spider-Man).
• Eir Stegalkin the norn is voiced by Jocelyn Blue (Invader Zim, Space Jam).
• Zojja the asura is voiced by Felicia Day (Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, The Guild, Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
• Caithe the sylvari is voiced by Kari Wahlgren (Wolverine and the X-Men, Aliens in the Attic).
Q: The video ends with the question, “What’s your story?” – how important is story in Guild Wars 2?
NCSoft: Story is a huge element in Guild Wars 2. From the moment you choose your character’s race, you’re taking your first step down a road that only you can travel. You’ll explore a vast, living world where your actions have real consequences. You’ll immerse yourself in a rich, powerful narrative that is personalized to and influenced by your character.
More articles about Guild Wars 2