v1.02 Patch details:Balance
- Daggers now apply 0.5 points of damage per additional point in dexterity and 0.5 points of damage per additional point in strength, as originally intended. This increases dagger damage for high-dexterity characters.
- During combat, mana or stamina reserves now correctly regenerate more quickly when reserves are low. This allows players to occasionally use an talent or spell in the later stages of lengthy fights.
- When exploring, mana and stamina now regenerate more quickly at higher character levels. This reduces downtime between fights.
- The spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the same spell.
- The cooldowns for several low-level sustained abilities are now shorter. This ensures that players are not penalized for accidentally deactivating them.
- Certain battles were not scaling properly, resulting in excessively difficult fights. They now scale as intended.
- Enemy corpses now drop health poultices and money more appropriately, resulting in less clutter in the player's inventory.
- In rare cases, enemy corpses were selectable when they contained no loot. This no longer occurs.
- Party members whose combat tactics were set to defensive behavior no longer stop attacking after using a spell or talent.
- In rare cases, combat tactics conditions could fail to determine whether a character had enough mana or stamina to use an ability. This no longer occurs.
- The Rally talent no longer repeats its audio effect if it is active during certain conversations.
- The Rally talent no longer deactivates upon area transitions or conversations.
- The Shimmering Shield spell now deactivates when the character is out of mana.
- Promotional downloadable content items now remain in the player's inventory when standard items are removed at the end of the dwarf noble origin.
- Repeatedly talking to Duncan after gathering the vials in the Korcari Wilds but not the treaties no longer provides duplicate experience.
- Leliana's personal plot can now be completed if the player substantially increased her approval (through gifts) before talking to her.
- During the siege of Redcliffe, enemies are no longer able to spawn in locations that would break the plot.
- Bann Teagan no longer disappears when he is supposed to be accessible during Urn of Sacred Ashes.
- Controlling a summoned creature (like a ranger's pets) during certain special area transitions no longer results in odd behavior.
- Creating a character in a custom module did not create a folder for saves. This could result in corruption of main campaign saves. This no longer occurs.
- In some cases, the class icon was set incorrectly for characters imported from the downloadable Character Creator. This no longer occurs.
- The options menu now includes a setting to automatically download previously purchased content that is not currently installed.
- After installing new downloadable content, the game now always reminds the user to restart the game.
- The icons for some promotional downloadable content items were missing. They now appear correctly.
- The screenshot upload GUI would stop working from time to time on the client. There was a memory override that was fixed. It is a client fix. It doesn't affect the other problems we have seen on the server.
v1.01b Patch details:
- Fixed potential corruption of character statistics
- Fixed portrait appearance sliders when importing a character from the downloadable Character Creator
- Fixed import for preset face settings from the downloadable Character Creator
- Made Easy difficulty easier
- Slightly increased attack, defense, and damage scores for all party members at Normal difficulty
- Fixed video issues when running on a very wide screen display, including ATI Eyefinity displays
- Fixed an issue with Vista and Windows 7 Game for Windows Explorer
- Fixed an issue with Dragon Age and Windows Game Explorer
- Updated Visual C runtime libraries
As the spiritual successor to BioWare’s Baldur’s Gate, one of the most successful role-playing games in the industry, Dragon Age: Origins represents BioWare’s return to its roots, delivering a fusion of the best elements of existing fantasy works with stunning visuals, emotionally-driven narrative, heart-pounding combat, powerful magic abilities and credible digital actors. The spirit of classic RPGs comes of age, as Dragon Age: Origins features a dark and mature story and gameplay.
Each Origin Story starts the player off with a unique series of locations, characters and events that establish their motivations and lay the groundwork for the adventure to come.
With each Origin Story boasting several hours of unique game play, as well as challenging strategic combat and exploration, these 6 distinct preludes make Dragon Age: Origins the first BioWare game to offer not only multiple endings, but also multiple beginnings.
The player's choice of Origin Story lays the foundation for a profound journey based on the character's past experiences, establishing how they perceive the world and how the world perceives them. The choices you made during an Origin Story will influence the way the game unfolds, including different story elements, dialogue options and even plot branches, providing a wealth of replayability.At launch, Dragon Age: Origins will be available on all three platforms with several packs of downloadable content (DLC) including The Stone Prisoner, the Blood Dragon Armor and Warden's Keep; each further enriching the gameplay experience.
Players can begin their Dragon Age: Origins experience early by joining the BioWare Social Network -- a destination to share in-game screenshots, review game data and share story information. Players can also download the free* to download Character Creator where players can create and customize a player character on the PC and then upload their character data and avatar to the BioWare Social Network before Dragon Age: OriginsDragon Age: Origins Character Creator will provide players with the tools to create a character with a nearly endless amount of options. Players can download the character creator and get more information on the BioWare Social Network by clicking here.
Key Features :
- Epic Party-Based Combat – Dragon Age: Origins will introduce an innovative, scalable combat system, as players face large-scale battles and use their party’s special abilities to destroy hoardes of enemies and massive creatures.
- Powerful Magic – Raining down awesome destruction on enemies is even more compelling as players apply “spell combos,” a way of combining together different spells to create emergent unique effects.
- Deep Customization – Players will develop their characters and gain powerful special abilities (spells, talents and skills) and discover ever-increasing weapons of destruction.
- Your Story, Your Way – With its emotionally compelling story, players choose with whom they wish to forge alliances or crush under their mighty fist, redefining the world with the choices they make and how they wield their power.
- Origin Stories – Players will select and play a unique prelude that provides the lens through which the player sees the world and how the world sees the player. The player’s choice of Origin will determine who they are and where they begin the adventure, as they play through a customized story opening that profoundly impacts the course of every adventure.
More articles about Dragon Age: Origins