THQ will host a 10-week series of contests for WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 via the game’s official Web site. Each contest, inspired by the features in this year’s critically acclaimed addition to the renowned fighting videogame franchise, will invite consumers to create, connect and share their WWE videogame experiences with others from around the world – all while competing for a variety of WWE-themed prize packages.
The first community contest begins today, encouraging site members to use the game’s Create-a-Superstar Mode to construct and name their ultimate Superstars and Divas. Consumers will also submit brief written descriptions to further tell the stories behind their creations. All entries will be received via PlayStation Network for the PS3 and Xbox Live Marketplace for the Xbox 360. The entries will be judged on character design, character name and the written description. The winner will receive his or her choice of a WWE sweatshirt and WWE t-shirt from the WWE webshop (subject to availability).
Poised to feature the most authentic, entertaining and compelling simulation of WWE programming to date across multiple videogame platforms, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 will introduce inspiring creative and online freedom, significant franchise improvements and a comprehensive roster of today’s most prominent WWE Superstars and Divas.
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 will introduce a new Create-a-Superstar Mode, including a fresh look, all-new 3-D parts and improved graphical quality, allowing players to create Superstars and Divas who are comparable in quality with their in-game WWE counterparts. Adding to the creative mix, a new Paint Tool will enable detailed creation of tattoos, logos and other unique designs, while a franchise-first Superstar Threads feature will let players create alternate ring gear for Superstars and Divas by customizing the colors of shirts, pants, face paint, elbow pads, boots and more. The game’s Create-a-Finisher Mode will now let players create acrobatic and gravity-defying diving attacks from the top turnbuckle, as well as move their creations to new heights by adjusting the trajectory. In addition, the mode will deliver an extensive assortment of new moves from the front grapple position.
Taking creativity even further, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 will also mark the debut of the WWE Story Designer. In this new mode, players will embrace a directorial role to create and customize their own storylines and cut scenes, including the ability to select talent and scene locations, write their own dialogue, adjust camera angles, select from over 100 scene animations, determine talent emotions and much more. Players will also be able to construct each night’s show card with matches, unique match stipulations, interference events and other story twists and turns.
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 is set to empower players with not only extensive creative freedom but the ability to share their gameplay experiences as well. For the first time in franchise history, the WWE Community Creations interface will enable players to upload their creations online, including created Superstars and Divas, story designs, finishing moves, entrance movies and highlight reels, and share them with others around the world. Players may also download created content via keyword search engine from other users for use both online and offline. In addition, players will be able to tag their creations with search terms, as well as leave ratings, allowing for ease of use in searching the robust database for the most popular – or even the most obscure – created items.
In addition to its extensive creative and online offerings, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 will include a number of key franchise updates. The WWE Training Facility will provide players with a franchise-first in-game tutorial, making it simple for both long-time fans and newcomers to get helpful gameplay tips and practice moves with their favorite Superstars and Divas. The game’s Road to WrestleMania story-based mode, introduced last year to high acclaim by consumers and press alike, returns with interactive cut scenes showcased within six brand new storylines, including a Create-a-Superstar storyline and a Divas storyline. In addition, a robust talent roster will include more than 60 playable Superstars and Divas, many of whom will make their videogame debut, as they represent the Raw, SmackDown and ECW brands. A high-profile soundtrack rounds out the gameplay experience, including “Still Unbroken,” the new single from Lynyrd Skynyrd’s upcoming album, God & Guns, as well as songs from artists such as Skillet, Sick Puppies, Adelita’s Way and Trivium.Delivering a button-based, simulation-style experience for the first time on the platform, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 for Wii will support the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, Classic Controller and the Nintendo GameCube controller, allowing players to get to the heart of the WWE videogame experience in a number of ways. In addition, the game will offer a broader features list to the Wii gaming audience, including a more robust move set, more match types, Create-a-Superstar, Create-a-Finisher, WWE Story Designer, Road to WrestleMania and more.
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 for Nintendo DS will also offer a more simulation-based experience, introducing streamlined controls that take advantage of the DS directional pad and eliminate use of the stylus. Throughout gameplay, players will earn a variety of collectible cards to gain power-ups and unlock content, including arenas, backstage areas and Superstar profiles. In Story Mode, players will take their created Superstars on an action-packed journey through all WWE brands, participating in training mini-games and interactive cut scenes while earning new moves and customization parts along the way. Rounding out the Nintendo DS experience, a franchise-first Ambulance Match will see players attempt to lock their opponents inside an ambulance to attain victory.
- Create-a-Superstar Redesign—The franchise’s renowned customization interface delivers a new look, improved graphical quality and a host of new parts, allowing players to create Superstars who are comparable in quality with their WWE counterparts. Take creation one step further with a new Paint Tool to detail created Superstars with original tattoos, logos and other unique designs.
- Share the Creativity—Share created content with the WWE Universe by uploading created Superstars, entrances, finishing moves, highlight reels, created storylines and more. Utilize the keyword search engine to view created content from around the world and download for use both offline and online.
- Superstar Threads—For the first time in franchise history, create alternate ring gear for Superstars by customizing the colors of shirts, logos, face paint, elbow pads, boots and much more. Save the alternate looks for use throughout the game and online to show off the Superstars in grand fashion.
- WWE Story Designer—Embrace a directorial role to create and customize unique storylines. A brand new cut scene creation interface includes talent and location selections, script writing, camera angles, Superstar emotions and much more. Construct each night’s show card with matches, unique match stipulations, interference events, and other story twists and turns.
- Road to Wrestlemania—The popular story-based mode returns with key updates and new storylines, including a first-ever Divas storyline and a Create-a-Superstar storyline.
More articles about WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010