Set in the year 2409, Star Trek Online will allow players to immerse themselves in the future of the Star Trek universe, exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations in an ever expanding vast universe. Command a starship as a Federation or a Klingon Captain, outfit it with custom systems and recruit, train and mold a crew into an elite force for exploration and combat. Missions take players into thrilling space battle, planetside for face-to-face combat and even inside starships!
Powered by the Cryptic Engine, Star Trek Online will be developed for both console and PC formats. With customizable ships and characters from the Klingon Empire and United Federation of Planets, ground, space and shipboard gameplay and unique options for player-generated content set in the Star Trek universe, Star Trek Online is the MMOG that allows you to boldly go where no one has gone before!
Top Ten Reasons Why Star Trek Fans Will Love STO
10. Dropping by Quark’s.
At one point operated by an unscrupulous Ferengi bartender turned Grand Nagus, Quark’s bar and gambling establishment sits on Deep Space Nine’s famed Promenade between the Alpha and Gamma quadrants. It’s a watering hole all walks of life have visited... Cardassians, Dominion, Klingon, Federation, you name it. Whether you’re fresh off a mission from the Badlands or thinking about trying your luck on the other side of the Bajoran wormhole, Quark’s is the best and only place to grab a cold one.
9. You’re the captain.
Who hasn’t wanted to shout, “Engage!” and actually go to Warp? We got you covered. Right from the beginning, you’re the Captain – the decisions you make affect the outcome of everything you do in Star Trek Online, from the missions you accept to the Bridge Officers you employ. At the helm of your ship, you decide when to fire your weapons, when your Bridge Officers use their special abilities and where your ship goes. On the ground, you command a squad of your best crew to take objectives, keep the peace and explore new worlds.
8. A Risa Holiday
Dreamed of vacationing on Risa? Take your best swimsuit and spend shore leave on the quadrant's number one paradise world. Not even an ill-conceived plot to muck with the weather can ruin your stay. Remember: What happens in Risa, stays in Risa.
7. Adventures in Time Travel
If you’ve ever wanted to fly alongside the Enterprise Kirk and Spock made famous – and who hasn’t? – this is your chance. Several Episodes (special mission arcs designed to feel exactly like an episode of Star Trek) will take you back in time to interact with famous Starfleet personalities. Maybe we'll work out a way to let you create your own virtual grandfather paradox for your avatar!
They’re born pregnant, or so Bones believed. Despite the Klingon Empire's crusade to eradicate them from existence, in 2409 Tribbles are alive and well, and still the bane of every son of Kahless' existence. Sometimes, the enemy of your enemy is still your enemy. Especially when they can reproduce faster than Jim Kirk can ignore a direct order from Starfleet.
5. The Guardian of Forever
If you’ve followed STO's development at all, or hit the convention circuit in 2009, you’ll know the Guardian of Forever is “alive” and well in 2409, and you’ll be able to interact with the enigmatic, sentient rock that sends people hurtling through time itself.
4. Sunset on Vulcan
Visit Vulcan, the place where logic was invented! Vulcan is just one of many iconic locations you can visit in Star Trek Online, and certainly a great place to meet a potential Science officer.
3. Your Very Own Bridge
Sit in your own captain’s chair on your own bridge and order your own subordinates about. Or, head over to a friend’s bridge and exchange battle tactics, Starfleet gossip, or a cup of tea, earl grey, hot. You can select from over 20 bridges to call home at launch, and we’ll be adding more as we go.
2. For the Honor of the Empire.
Grab your best Bat’leth and a cask of blood wine and head to the Neutral Zone to duke it out with the gutless Federation, or battle within different houses to prove your nobility. Bloodthirsty player-vs.-player combat has never been better, or made so much sense.
"Numbah one, set a course for planet Earth, Sol system, February 2, 2010 … Engage!"
Key Features :
- The Star Trek universe will appear for the first time in a massively multiplayer online game. Everything from the elegant domes of Starfleet Academy to the ancient temples of Vulcan, from the towers of Qo’noS to the Fire Caves of Bajor, from the mysterious Mutara Nebula to the unexplored voids of deep space, all will be represented in stunning 3-D graphics. Immerse yourself in the future of the Trek universe as it moves into the 25th century: a time of shifting alliances and new discoveries.
- Explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations in an expanding vast universe. Make contact with alien races, discover resources and uncover mysteries that will change the future of the Star Trek universe.
- Command your own starship as a Federation Captain or a Klingon Warrior. Outfit it with the systems that you need to make your mark in the galaxy. Customize your ship as you see fit. Recruit, train and mold your crew into an elite force for exploration and combat.
- Command your vessel in thrilling space battles, or beam down to planets with your away team for face-to-face confrontations. Missions will take you and your friends into space, planetside and even inside starships!
Starting Jan. 12, 2010 thru Jan. 26, 2010 fans will be able to explore the Star Trek Universe and play the first-of-a-kind massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
Open beta keys will be given out on a first come first serve basis, sign up now!
More articles about Star Trek Online