Fixed: Situation specific bugs
- Glyph: After the player has resolved a glyph (when the unlock code message appears), if the player presses A and B (for 360, X and O on PS3) repeatedly and quickly, the video will appear in full screen, and he will get stuck in "the truth menu".
- Fast Travel: Some feedback states that Ezio loses the ability to interact with the fast travel stations.
- Free roaming/Parkour: In extremely rare occasions a bug allows Ezio to walk on air.
- Auditore Cape: When first equipping or re-equipping the Auditore cape, users in the Villa become notorious even if the cape description says otherwise.
- Altaïr’s armour: While wearing Altair's armour the game crashes when performing multiple consecutive double assassinations.
- Toscana: The game occasionally crashes if the player dies in Toscana, the player is stuck in the animus loading screen.
- Water: Ezio and NPCs may get stuck beneath map if pushed in water.
- Animus Loading Screen: There were reports of the game crashing while the player is in the Animus loading screen
Fixed: Mission specific issues
- Sequence 05 Mission 01: The game froze after completing the mission and following certain steps.
- Sequence 06 Mission 02 : An extremely rare issue could make the game freeze while Ezio is fighting the guards.
- Sequence 07 Mission 02 : Sometimes the civilians knocked down by Rosa could “float”.
- Sequence 07 Mission 07: When the user is in an open conflict, under specific situations the game crashed.
- Sequence 08 “Venezia” : If a player desynchronises during the flying machine sequence, the player sometimes spawned near Leo's workshop and not on the tower.
- Secret Location: “Vizitatione” : The user remains stuck after locking onto the agile guard with the gun.
- Sequence 11 Mission 05: The user cannot continue gameplay after quitting and loading the game. They are stuck in the hideout.
- Sequence 14 Mission 02: The user falls through the texture if he is hit with rocks by the guards while climbing
- 5.1 LPCM support
Assassin's Creed 2 is an epic story of family, vengeance and conspiracy set in the pristine, yet brutal, backdrop of a Renaissance Italy. Ezio befriends Leonardo da Vinci, takes on Florence's most powerful families and ventures throughout the canals of Venice where he learns to become a master assassin.
In a vast open world environment, the game invites players to incarnate Ezio, a privileged young noble in Renaissance Italy who's been betrayed by the rival ruling families of Italy. Ezio's subsequent quest for vengeance plunges players into a captivating and epic story that offers more variety in missions, surprising and engaging new gameplay elements, diverse weapons and a profound character progression that will appeal to fans of the original Assassin's Creed as well as entice players new to the brand.
Assassin's Creed 2 retains the core gameplay experience that made the first opus a resounding success and features new experiences that will surprise and challenge players.
- Ezio Auditore da Firenze is a young Italian noble who will learn the ways of the assassins after his family was betrayed and he looks to seek vengeance. He is a lady's man, a free soul with panache yet has a very human side to his personality. Through him, you become a master assassin.
- Italy in the 15th century was less a country and more a collection of city-states where families with political and economic strength began to take leadership roles in cities like Florence and Venice. This journey through some of the most beautiful cities in the world takes place in a time in history where culture and art were born alongside some of the most auspicious stories of corruption, greed and murder.
- You will be able to perform missions when you want and how you want in this open-ended world that brings back free-running and adds elements such as swimming and even flying to the adventure. The variety in gameplay adds another layer for you to truly play through the game any way you choose.
- Discover a living, breathing world where every character is an opportunity for the player. Blending in with the crowd is easier, working with in-game characters provide ample rewards but can also lead to surprising consequences.
- Perfect your skills to become a master assassin where you brandish new weapons, learn to disarm enemies then use their weapons against them and assassinate enemies using both hidden blades.
More articles about Assassin's Creed II