Step out and step into a portable Dynasty Warriors experience unlike any other. Up to four friends can team-up for a wide range of heroic action-packed quests. Become one of history’s greatest warriors and work as a team to conquer heavily-armed fortresses, infiltrate enemy strongholds and more. Spectacular battles await!
Until now the quintessential Dynasty Warriors experience pitted a lone warrior against thousands of ruthless enemies. Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce will forever change the way gamers experience the Dynasty Warriors universe.
In the game, players will enlist in quests that will challenge their very sense of what it means to be a true warrior. Each quest will take players to enormous, heavily-armed strongholds where enemy soldiers man batteries of massive and equally-devastating weapons.
Up to four players can join together and form a “Strikeforce” to conquer these heavily armed fortresses. Working as a team, players can plan a coordinated attack, confuse the enemy or lure unsuspecting soldiers into a trap. Uniting and fighting as a team are the keys to victory!
Key Features :
- Accept quests to conquer massive fortifications or slay massive unimaginable creatures.
- Gather with friends and fight together as a single overwhelming force to complete mission objectives.
- Fight in the air and on the ground! Enemies will make clever use of the terrain and space, and attack from nearly every direction.
- Incredible customization! Create and modify weapons using supplies gathered during battle. Also customize the look of your character with the game’s “Mugen” effects.
- Three powerful stories based on each of the Three Kingdoms.
- Download and share content with other players.
- Features both enhanced single player adventures along with multiplayer missions.
While immense fortresses, towers, and ships serve as the settings for these legendary quests, the supernatural abilities of the game’s combatants will let players take the lighting-fast action to where it has never gone before- the skies above. With enemies and allies streaking across the sky, new “air” fighting techniques to master, and colossal challenges to conquer, the game’s action will deliver a Dynasty Warriors experience unlike any other.
The Awakening gauge replaces the Musou gauge. When the player attacks or is hit, the Awakening gauge will fill up. Once full, the player can summon an “Awakening”. Unlike the Musou, the Awakening is not an attack, but rather it causes a dramatic improvement to the character’s various abilities. The character’s appearance will also change during this Awakened state.
Each character will be equipped with two weapons, a “Main Weapon” and a “Sub-Weapon”. Players will be able to power up their weapons using special items called “Sengyoku.”
Another group of special items called “Mugen” will allow players to radically improve their fighting abilities and perform special actions including “super jumps” and teleportation.
The “Mugen” and “Sengyoku” items are just another way the game will change the way players experience the Dynasty Warriors universe.
Using the PSP’s wireless ad-hoc mode, friends can gather together not only to go on quests, but also to download and exchange new adventures and rare items.
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce is scheduled to launch on PSP in North America on March 24, 2009.
More articles about Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce