MLB 09 The Show continues to set itself apart from the other MLB games on the market with its attention to detail and unparalleled gameplay. Looking to build on that reputation, the game has added several new features and subtleties that play a huge role in bringing the baseball experience to life. Incredible stadium detail and signage, wear and tear on the field, dusk to night lighting transitions, and stadium JumboTron animations help immerse users in the ultimate baseball experience.
For fans who want to take their game on the road, MLB 09 The Show for PSP delivers big baseball action in the palm of your hand by utilizing core gameplay features found on the PS3 version. Unique to PSP, MLB 09 The Show will feature "SportsConnect News2Go" which offers fans the ability to go online to select and save the latest news feeds to their Memory Stick Duo and review at their leisure.
Exclusive for PS2 is the unrivaled "Player Creator", providing users with endless possibilities for creating players, including everything down to their player's face with EyeToy. Users can also adjust their personal rituals, swings, and even emotions as they create and place themselves in the heat of a pennant race.
Following in the footsteps of the My Slider feature, we’ve put more control in the user’s hands. Community shared content leverages the creativity of user’s like you. And if you’re one of the users that love to customize rosters and share with others, you know how difficult it’s been in the past to relay your settings to other users. The Roster Vault in MLB 09 The Show solves that problem. The Roster Vault allows you to make all your roster changes (some new to this year), save them off, and upload them for others to download and use.
Here’s how to upload a Roster to the Roster Vault:
- Take any roster (on disc or a weekly Live Roster update)
- Make any changes you’d like to the roster and players within. This could be player names, attributes, jersey numbers, accessories, handedness, etc…
- Save the Roster to your hard drive
- Connect online with MLB 09, via SportsConnect, select the Roster Vault feature from the Community section.
- Select Upload from the Roster Vault options
- Select one of the Rosters from your hard drive to upload
- Name it, describe it and Upload
At this point, anybody in the community can browse the Roster Vault to find the highest rated or most downloaded Roster online.
Here’s how to find a Roster in the Roster Vault:
- Simply connect online, via SportsConnect
- Select Roster Vault from the Community section and choose to Browse/Download
- Once in the Roster Vault you can sort by highest rated, most downloaded or date uploaded.
- Select the Roster you’d like and choose to download
- Save it to your Hard Drive and name it
- Select the Roster section in the Features are of the Main Menu
- Select the Roster from your hard drive and apply it
- Select to start any offline Game Mode (Exhibition, Season, Franchise, Road to the Show, etc) and play with our new Roster
- Connect back online and Vote for it’s rating
As well as being able to browse all uploaded rosters on the server, there is also a My Rosters section. That is a custom list of all Rosters you’ve uploaded and downloaded. It allows you to easily see how you’ve interacted and contributed to the community. You can browse and remove rosters from that list at any time.
MLB 09 The Show, in development for PSP, PS2 and PS3, is due to hit stores in Spring 2009.
More articles about MLB 09 The Show