Starring Vin Diesel in Wheelman, you’re on the run from the mafia in the U.S. and returning to Barcelona, a place where you have a dark past and criminal gangs infest the city. It’s your job to set the factions against each other to cover a daring heist. With a focus on over-the-top, intense vehicle combat, build your reputation by undertaking missions, taking part in challenging events, all the while looking to pull off stylish, ext reme driving stunts.
Combining spectacular Hollywood-style stunts with a gripping storyline, Wheelman provides an adrenaline-fueled, cinematic thrill ride guaranteed to leave you breathless. Vin Diesel stars as an undercover agent and highly skilled driver who must infiltrate the Barcelona underworld to gather intelligence surrounding a covert heist. Posing as a driver-for-hire, he ends up caught in a crossfire of corruption and chaos while trying to stay one step ahead of local law enforcement and rival gangs.
Ubisoft will handle sales, marketing, and distribution of the title in North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Midway will continue to direct the development of the title and retains all future rights to the franchise and will sell the title in all other European territories.
"We are pleased to be partnering with Midway to bring Wheelman to stores worldwide," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. "The cutting edge open-world driving technology in Wheelman should make for an experience that gamers will enjoy."
"Ubisoft's decision to join Midway in a co-publishing agreement is a gratifying validation of Wheelman's potential," commented Matt Booty, president and CEO, Midway. "Ubisoft has a proven expertise at bringing new IP to market, which will allow us to reach a broader consumer segment with Wheelman, while helping Midway to balance the risk profile of our product portfolio."
"The development team in Newcastle, UK, has fine-tuned and polished Wheelman, especially in these last few months, to deliver a true Hollywood blockbuster experience," said Craig Duncan, studio head, Midway Studios - Newcastle Ltd. "The demo due out for Xbox 360 and PS3 will show that Wheelman's new game design mechanics like cinematic super moves and vehicular combat will revolutionize driving games."
- Action film megastar Vin Diesel and his Tigon Studios are again blurring the lines between entertainment mediums, this time collaborating with Midway in the design and production of WHEELMAN to ensure an edge-of-your-seat gaming experience. Diesel’s voice and likeness will appear as the game’s main character, expert Wheelman Milo Burik.
- Wheelman delivers rubber-burning, asphalt-churning excitement that will take gamers on a white knuckle thrill ride that unfolds throughout the streets of Barcelona. Featuring car chases inspired by Hollywood’s most famous action-sequences, Wheelman will deliver powerful cinematic moments throughout the game’s compelling storyline.
- Survive death-defying feats by performing pulse-pounding maneuvers that only an expert Wheelman can pull off. Pull off a Cyclone and spin the vehicle 360 degrees while precision firing at your enemies.
- Sideswipe pursuing enemies to get them off your tail, execute devastating maneuvers for maximum motor vehicle carnage, or grab your gun and start blasting right through the windshield.
- Commandeer a semi truck to leave your mark on the city. Escape down a narrow alleyway on the back of a tricked-out motorcycle. Hop behind the wheel of exclusively licensed vehicles and make your getaway in style.
- Even the best Wheelman sometimes needs to get out of the vehicle. Take to the Barcelona streets for on-foot action – but make sure to remember your guns.
- Set in the exotic location of Barcelona, Spain. This classic European city is densely populated with traffic and pedestrians that react intelligently to your actions as you roam around realistic environments filled with massively destructible objects.
More articles about Wheelman