With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free2play MMO games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy setting. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates.
From today with 'Battle for Mystery’ a truly epic encounter awaits players in the high level area of the fantasy online role-play game.
This encounter follows the concept of the Daily Quests – tasks that are only accessible once a day - requiring a challenging battle with a world boss. The daily quest leads players out of the 'Harf trading post' to the 'Mystical Altar', a location up in the Ystra Highlands. This is where they have to overcome the sinister magician Samoge. In the course of the battle, two gigantic stone statues in the form of minotaurs are awakened and brought to life. However, the player ought not to wage the ‘Battle for Mystery’ on their own: nothing less than a combat troop of up to 36 players with a level of at least 45 are needed to bring Samoge to his knees. They will also be supported by envoys from the NPC faction ‘The Eye of Wisdom’ who have also placed a price on the magician’s head.
Considerable valuable rewards beckon to the raiding party in the event of a victory over the world boss Samoge and his enlivened helpers. Together with epic quality weapons and armaments, players will also bag rare scrolls to help them with rune interpretation which could also help them in increasing the value of their equipment.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
MMO fans can find a registration form for the newsletter on the official teaser site.
Runes of Magic is currently in open beta, and will officially launch in March 19, 2009.
More articles about Runes of Magic