Rev up the chainsaw and watch the sawdust fly in Go Play Lumberjacks, an all-new action party game from Majesco. The first game in Majesco's recently announced Go Play line of motion-based titles for Wii, Go Play Lumberjacks lets players use the Wii Remote™ to chop, climb, saw and logroll to victory in 5 entertaining event categories.
"Our new Go Play brand features fun and easy-to-play Wii games that will get the family on their feet to play together," said Gui Karyo, Executive Vice President of Operations for Majesco. "Go Play Lumberjacks is the perfect title to kick off the line given its fast-paced 4 player action, motion-based gameplay and support for the Wii Balance Board accessory."
Developed by Panic Button, Go Play Lumberjacks brings competition from the great outdoors into the home. Players use the Wii Remote as an all-in-one timber-cutting contest tool: feel sawdust fly from your chainsaw in the Hot Saw, test your balance on the waterlogged Log Roll, ascend towering tree trunks in the Pole Climb, and much more. This all-new, four-player party game features 15 wily woodchoppers, including Jack the lumberjack, Jill the chainsaw-wielding beauty, a peg-legged pirate, ninja assassin and medieval knight, among others. Players can earn new pieces of gear as trophies, like saw and axe upgrades, and unlock their own Mii. Go Play Lumberjacks features five game categories-- Sawing, Axe Throwing, Climbing, Chopping, and Water Events-and even supports the Wii Balance Board accessory for intense lumberjacking action!
- Four-player party competition from the great outdoors!
- Five event categories with featuring over 15 individual events:
- Sawing: Solo Cross, Hot Saw & more
- Axe Throwing: First to 1000, Time Limit & more
- Climbing: Pole Climb, Tree Top
- Chopping: Underhand, Springboard & more
- Water Events: Log Roll, Boom Run
- 15 eclectic characters to chose from, each with unique animations and tools:
- Jack, the err, giant lumberjack
- Jill, the chainsaw-toting beauty
- Nozawa, the ninja assassin
- Bart, the peg legged pirate
- Lance, the lumbering medieval knight
- Axl, the 80’s rocker
- Unlock use of your own Mii!
- Wii Balance Board support
- Earn trophies unlockable pieces of gear (saws, axes, and more)
- Up to four live players can play at a time (AI will fill in remaining spots in one, two or three individual player matches)
Go Play Lumberjacks for Wii is expected to release May 2009.