X-Men Origins: Wolverine, scheduled for release in May 2009, coincides with the global debut of Twentieth Century Fox's release of its feature film, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is also based on the famous Marvel character.
From the award-winning studio Raven Software, the video game enlists players to experience the tormented origins of Wolverine, from his escape of the Weapon X facility to the jungles of Africa and beyond.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is an epic action-adventure featuring a true-to-character Wolverine gameplay experience that takes gamers through and beyond the movie's storyline. Set in a variety of vivid real-world locales, the title challenges players to hone their animal instinct as they uncover hidden dangers, hunt and destroy enemies, and take on seemingly insurmountable situations while discovering the truth about Wolverine's tragic past. With razor-sharp adamantium claws unsheathed, the future X-Man enacts lightning-quick combat, evasive maneuvers, in-depth combo attacks, and an array of brutal finishing moves. Wolverine doesn't just deliver massive damage, either -- he also takes it, thanks to his mutant regenerative power that heals him in real time right before the player's eyes.
Partial Achievements / Trophies from the game:
- Hot Potato: Lit 20 enemies on fire
- Stick Around: Impaled Victor Creed.
- Drop Dead: Killed 10 enemies by throwing them off high areas
- Slaughter House: Dismembered 100 enemies
- Shotgun Epic Fail: Killed 25 Shotgunners with their own weapon
- Environmentally Friendly: Killed 10 enemies using objects in the environment
- Slice n' Dice: Killed 6 enemies with a single attack
X-Men Origins: Wolverine, not yet rated, is currently in development for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii, NDS, PS2 and PSP, by Raven Studios and Amaze Entertainment.
More articles about X-Men Origins: Wolverine