Street Fighter IV brings the legendary fighting series back to its roots by taking the beloved fighting moves and techniques of the original Street Fighter II, and infusing them with Capcom's latest advancements in next generation technology to create a truly extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts.
Everything that made the legendary Street Fighter II a hit in the arcades, living rooms and dormitories across the globe has been brought back in Street Fighter IV. Players will be able to play their favorite classic characters, such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile, along with new characters, including Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the gameplay system. Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over.
The all new “Street Fighter IV” has the unmistakable feel of a 2D fighting game and is jam-packed with beloved characters from previous iterations. Beautiful graphics only capable with the newest game consoles, combined with various new additions to the combat system has created a title can be enjoyed by both fighting game and “Street Fighter” fans alike. As a bonus, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions boast an array of additional characters.
Beginning last year, Capcom has continued to move ahead with its “Street Fighter” 20th anniversary project through successive releases of new arcade machines, console games, and various events such as the “Street Fighter IV National Tournament”. In addition, under its “Single Content Multiple Usage” strategy, Capcom will release the Hollywood movie “Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li” on February 28th, 2009. The movie was developed in order to help rebuild the “Street Fighter” brand by drawing in new fans and reinvigorating fans of old. In fruition of its policies, Capcom has achieved the feat of breaking the two million copy mark despite the economic crisis with this first iteration of the “Street Fighter” series in 11 years.
Championship Mode expansion pack will add several unique and gameplay enriching options to Street Fighter IV’s already robust feature set free of charge post launch. Street Fighter IV’s Championship Mode Expansion Pack will include:
- Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.
- New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)
- Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.
Additionally, we are announcing the DLC alternate costume expansion packs for Street Fighter IV to customize your fighters. Each DLC pack offers an alternate costume for you favorite Street Fighter IV character. The packs are grouped by themes and will be available for 320 MS points for Xbox 360 or $3.99 on PlayStation 3 post launch.
- 2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
- 2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
- 3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
- 3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
- 3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.
Along with the game itself, the Collectors Edition pack, which will be available for both the PS3 and Xbox 360, will include the following contents housed in a classic Street Fighter scene outer case –
- Limited edition figurines of all time favourite character Ryu and the all new character Crimson Viper, positioned within the familiar settings of the 'crowded Chinese downtown'.
- A bonus disc containing a feature length HD quality anime movie, created specially for the launch of Street Fighter IV and a selection of the best game trailers to date.
- A mini strategy guide created in the style of a comic art book detailing the moves and biographies of four of the new characters to the series; Viper, Abel, El Fuerte and Rufus
- Exclusive downloadable game content
- 3D environments and characters
- Traditional "2D" Street Fighter six-button gameplay
- Classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter II
- New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, mixed martial artist Abel and more!
- New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including Focus Attacks, Super Combos, and the revenge-fueled Ultra Combo system.
- Amazing locations never seen before in a Street Fighter game
- New gameplay elements provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
Capcom confirmed the development of Street Fighter IV for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, scheduled for Feb. 20, 2009.
More articles about Street Fighter IV