Please note, this is a PATCH for the game and will only work for the Battlefront.com English language version of Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater. This patch will not work with any non-English version of Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater at this time.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE
Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with v1.01. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
NEW VIDEO ACCELERATION SETTING
If you play the game and notice unplayably slow map scroll speeds and unit selection time, then please activate the "Video Acceleration" option from inside the Settings panel. That option will use a different method to handle graphics and should put your game performance back to regular levels. If you have never noticed any extreme game slowness, you can leave this option set to OFF.
BATTLEFRONT.COM INTERNET BROWSER COMMUNITY TOOLBAR:
This new game patch includes the optional install of a new, and we think, exciting tool. This tool seamlessly attaches to your internet browser (currently Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox supported) and gives you instant access to Battlefront.com game news, patches, demos, chat channel as well as other popular browser toolbar *gadgets* such as realtime weather reports (unique to your hometown!), a spell checker and pop-up blocker. Fully user configurable and expandable, your new Battlefront.com Community toolbar unlocks the full potential of your internet browser to keep you connected with the ever-growing world of Battlefront.com games and resources! You can find more details on this new free utility here.
v1.01a Hotfix Patch :
This version 1.01a hotfix corrects a Convoy calculation issue for surrendered Majors. All you need to do is (if not already patched) to first upgrade to v1.01 using the patch below, then drop the new v1.01a executable into your installation directory and replace/overwrite the existing game EXE.
v1.01 Patch :
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
* liberated countries that had free units will now have their parental control transferred to themselves if they are a major, otherwise to their new parent
* fixed a properties research level display error that did not properly show the maximum levels for minor countries
* unit purchases by the AI are no longer sequentially ordered as listed by the campaign script, i.e. selections are now random in nature but still dependant on the assigned values
* fixed a Carrier combat error for when the attacking aircraft were reduced to 0 strength
* implemented random #FINISH_POSITION arrivals for looped units
* added additional AI scripts for when Pearl Harbor captured by the Japanese
* fixed an AI unit purchase error when there were no placement tiles remaining
* fixed a reinforcement error for Carriers
* fixed a surprise combat error for Carriers that had an aircraft strength = 0
* fixed a reorganizational error where aircraft did not optimally move to vacant cities that offered better protective cover
* optimized sub convoy raiding so that subs do not raid immediately next to an enemy port
* fixed a flag display error for SUPPLY events in the activity summary popup
* fixed a sub mode change error for E-Mail games
* default rating for HQs that are not on the build list is now increased from 3 to 5
* fixed a loop increment error for units on either a land or naval loop when loading saved turns
* fixed an AI Carrier purchase error that had the AI receive new Carriers with a 'Carrier' strength of 0
* implemented further optimizations for land and naval unit upgrades when the AI has extra MPP available
* fixed an Industrial technology calculation error that miscalculates occupied 'major' territory MPP
* fixed a Chinese convoy to Japan error once China surrenders
* fixed an estimated combat losses error for defending Carriers in port
* fixed an automatic defensive artillery and anti-aircraft error that would return fire when the unit strength was < 5
* fixed an Amphibious Transport script error for Fortress targets that were set to 'Destroy On Overrun'
* fixed an Amphibious Transport supply loss error for when the 'Weather' option was not selected
EDITOR RELATED CHANGES
* adjusted the loop arrival positions for the Pearl Harbor naval loop
* maximum research limit for AA increased for all nations from 2 to 3
* the following percentages transferred by convoy from occupied countries to Japan have been amended as follows:
* Australia, from 60% to 100%
* China, from 80% to 100%
* India, from 60 to 80%
* Malaya, from 60 to 100%
* Japan now needs to increase the size of her garrisons in Manchukuo by 1st October 1944 to prevent Soviet activation (was 1st January 1944)
* The surrender of China will lead to an increase in Soviet activation of 5-10% (was 20-40%)
* Japan's Industrial Modifier reduced from 50% to 35%
* fixed several 3D Japanese Tactical Bomber sprites
* fixed a custom interface error for Operation Z
* fixed a Victory/Decision event error for Allied Major Victories
* removed the popup wording from the resource script that fires to represent the supply planes flying to China, as it was duplicating the one from the popup script
* removed Stilwell from the US and Chinese build lists, will now only be available via the designated UNIT/DECISION events
* removed Chennault from the US build list, will now only be available via the designated UNIT/DECISION events
* added AI unit Garrisons for Wellington and Papeete
* added additional AI scripts and improvements for US Amphibious planning
* added additional AI scripts and improvements for the USSR as well as US Fleet movements
* US oil well in 197,19 will now only benefit the allied AI, activating on the 1st January 1942
* land tile NW of Hawaii at 141,32 changed to a sea tile
* land tile at Johnston (135,37) changed to a sea tile
* land tile NW of Borneo (40,46) changed to a sea tile
* land tile W of Nagasaki (65,26) changed to a sea tile
* kamikazes will now not appear before 1944
* Japan's Industrial Efficiency now starts at 55% (it was 50%)
* China is now set to Full Scorched Earth
* unit scripts added for Japanese sponsored forces to be raised from Chinese collaborators
* AI's fortification scripts in China renamed from Changsha to Chungking
* the surrender of Australia will no longer lead to an increase in Soviet activation
* Soviet 1944 and 1945 activation scripts amended
* Soviet troop deployment script title and popup text amended from "Stalin forms the Transbaikal Front" to "The USSR Mobilizes The Transbaikal Front"
* Japanese units can now be adjacent to Manchouli, Kiamusze, Yenki, Tsitsihar and Harbin to prevent Soviet activation, they do not need to be actually in the city
* Chinese and Soviet amphibious transports now have only 4 action points (was 5)
* Long Range Air can now have five chits invested
* the price of Soviet Tank Groups has been raised from 250 to 280MPPs
* number of atomic bombs reduced to a maximum of eight
* there is now a 50% chance that the Midget submarines will attack Brisbane rather than Sydney. The attack dates will also now vary
* damage caused by Chinese partisans in Manchukuo reduced slightly
* post-surrender partisan scripts added for China at Chengchow (46,25) and Kweiyang (36,30)
* partisan script that was producing partisans in the mountains NW of Peking has been amended so that the partisans will now be able to move towards Peking or Paotow
* Chinese partisans have had their soft defence factor reduced from 2 to 1
* Brisbane port is now US
* US Forces deploy in Samoa script amended, so that there is now a 50% chance of the Tank unit deploying at Asau (133,56) and an equal chance of it deploying at Apla (136,58)
* 8th Army unit script amended so that it will not arrive before 1st Jan 1943
* if the allies capture Mukden it will massively increase Soviet readiness
* popup wording for the Manchukuo garrison script 1944 changed to read: Stalin Takes An Increasing Interest In The Far East
* Canadian RCAF Coastal bombers amended to arrive in the PQ from 10th Jan 1942 to 20th February 1942
* fixed a SUPPLY script error regarding the "Hump"
WWII Pacific Theater the third, and newest, game in the award winning Strategic Command series. WWII Pacific Theater shifts the focus from Europe and into the steaming jungles and islands of Asia- Pacific. WWII Pacific Theater is a standalone new game and does not require any of the previous titles to play.
For the first time, players will be able to wage war across the massive expanse of the Pacific Ocean. From British occupied India, Tibet, Nepal and China in the West to Pearl Harbor and the West Coast of the US and Canada. WWII Pacific Theater features the largest map yet in the series at 198x82 tiles in size.
Command the forces of 5 major and 23 different minor nations. 20 different unique unit types are portrayed and modeled with up to 30 different characteristics and stats. To add historical flavor and replayability, over 150 different in-game events are now depicted including the Doolittle Raid, Mirill's Marauders, Japanese Midget Sub attacks on Pearl Harbor and even the decision to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 8 mini-campaigns feature various operations including Midway, Macarthur's struggle in the Philippines, the defense of India by General Slim's courageous and outnumbered 14th Army, the Allied liberation of Burma, the island assaults of Okinawa, Iwo Jima and Pelelui plus the entire New Guinea campaign.
Also included is a full "Mega-Campaign" which covers the entire conflict beginning with the December 7th 1941 surprise attack on the US fleet at Pearl Harbor and playable until the middle of 1947, in case you need that long to gain ultimate victory!
Of course WWII Pacific Theater isn't just bigger, its also better! All new gameplay advancements are being included to help model the unique nature of this theater of war. Improvements are being made across the board to naval, air and ground combat including the ability to specify 4 different types of Combat Air Patrol (CAP), 3 new upgrade levels for carriers, all new rules for naval supply, improved submarine abilities and a new combat implementation system which will allow more fluidity in how various units can be deployed and fight. On top of all that, various A.I. and engine improvements have been coded which can increase naval combat calculation speeds up to 400%!
As with all of the previous Strategic Command games, WWII Pacific Theater comes with a full Game Editor that allows you to modify or create your own all new scenarios, campaigns and maps. To assist with that, several new terrain tile types and resources are being introduced including Asian Tropical and Pacific Island themed villages, cities, capitals, jungles, mountains, marsh and hills.
When you grow tired of playing against the award winning AI, full multiplayer support is included for Hotseat, E-Mail and Network play. WWII Pacific Theater includes all the other enhancements and gameplay improvements introduced since Strategic Command was originally released.
Island hop your way to victory, occupy and expand your hold on precious resources, protect and utilize your vast navies, commence devastatingly brutal aerial campaigns of supremacy and destruction, command and control far flung outposts and armies over one of the most expansive areas on the planet. WWII Pacific Theater brings home to you the sheer scope and scale of this epic struggle utilizing the gaming system you already know and love!
More articles about Strategic Command: WWII Pacific Theater