Developed by acclaimed developer Digital Extremes, co-creators behind the award-winning Epic Game’s Unreal franchise, Dark Sector thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, an elite black-ops agent sent on a dangerous mission into a decaying Eastern European city that hides a deadly Cold War secret. Attacked by an unknown enemy, he awakens to find part of his body altered by an infection that has granted him inhuman abilities; now he must learn to evolve along with his powers, to survive and to become a hero. A dark, gritty experience packed with fast action, incredible superpowers and an engaging story; Dark Sector represents the next evolution of gaming.
Rosenbaum, known as Smallville's Lex Luthor, will bring to life the character of Hayden Tenno, a cold-blooded, ruthless killer who awakens after an attack with an infection that has granted him inhuman abilities. Through the storyline and Rosenbaum’s voice over, players will experience Hayden’s transformation into something more than he was, his fight against the powers taking over his body and his evolution as he becomes a hero.
- Built from the ground-up specifically for next-generation consoles, Dark Sector offers an original storyline that absorbs players in one of the most cinematic and emotionally-gripping 3rd person action game to date.
- After being exposed to a failed cold-war experiment, Hayden will physically evolve specialized superpowers that become more lethal and sophisticated over time.
- A bladed disc that grows out of Hayden’s infected hand, this weapon will be one of the key elements throughout the game. The strength and versatility of this weapon make it truly unique and compelling.
- It can be thrown at enemies with brutal results,
- Collect elements from the environment such as fire and electricity to use on enemies and interact with the world.
- Contains a light source to be used in dark areas; can be used in conjunction with conventional weapons.
- Dark Sector removes traditional on-screen elements such as health bars and ammo meters, instead using the character himself as the HUD. As the character takes damage he will begin to physically show it, ammunition levels will be displayed on guns, available weapons and inventory will be displayed on the character – all serving to keep the player focused on the character and the gameplay.
- Simplified and intuitive controls keep players immersed in the action freeing them to utilize their skills in targeting and eliminating enemies.
- Dark Sector employs an over-the-shoulder 3rd person perspective giving the player a full view of the world around him, while also showing full visual of Hayden allowing for the player to make a connection with the character.
- Beyond the evolution powers, Hayden will have an arsenal of conventional weapons at his disposal that can all be upgraded and made more powerful throughout the game.
- Players will employ special tactics while encountering new and different enemy combat tactics as the evolving AI communicate amongst themselves, take cover and offer realistic responses to player actions.
- Hayden Tenno is a cold-blooded, ruthless character who has superhero type powers and responsibility thrust upon him – a true anti-hero who makes no excuses for his actions. Through the storyline, players will witness Hayden’s transformation into something more than he was, his fight against the powers taking over his body and the effects it has on his psyche.
- Details about the Innovative Multiplayer Component to be revealed at a later date.
Available on PS3/X360 since 2008, Dark Sector, rated M for Mature, is currently scheduled for release in Europe on March 26, 2009.
More articles about Dark Sector