Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is the next installment in this series of titles created by leading RPG developer tri-Ace. Brought for the first time to the NDS, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume follows the story of the young soldier Wylfred, who seeks retaliation against the valkyries since Lenneth took his father's life. Now he waits for an opportunity to strike back just as the future of Midgard is about to be decided in battle once again.
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume pushes the limits of the Nintendo DS to its limits in terms of production and game-play whilst delivering an amazing strategic RPG gaming experience. With an innovative tactical battle system, multiple game chapters and game endings, the future of Wylfred and Midgard is truly in the hands of the player.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “We are very pleased to bringing Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume to Europe. This new installment of the critically acclaimed Valkyrie Profile series is perfectly suitable for portable gaming and we hope fans will enjoy its tactical gameplay and another engaging story.”
The protagonist is a young soldier, Wylfred, who harbours a hatred for the Valkyries, especially Lenneth Valkyrie, who used his father as an Einharjar when he was ten years old. To seek revenge against the gods, he accepted power from Hel, the Queen of Niflheim, in the form of a black magic feather. In Midgard, however, the two princes of the Kingdom of Artolia are enthralled in a battle for succession to the throne, with neighboring nations Villnore and Crell Monferaigne monitoring the situation, ready to strike at a moment's notice.
- The Feather of Goddess – This is a vital key to how the story progresses and immensely powerful in battle situations. A hugely powerful artefact that causes mass effects to not only battles but the story line also
- Multi-story system – An in-depth mult-story system in defining chapters. The outcome and direction of the story can change dramatically by your individual actions and choices in gamplay and in battle!
- Battle system – Further evolution of the battle system in the VP series!. The battle system is now seen via the quarter view, allowing more in-depth attacks and combos combined with dynamic finishing moves and dazzling spells!
- Mutual Assistance system – This system allows allied characters to spontaneously join the battle, enabling you to surround your enemies and attack with maximum effect!
- Active Formation – Upon entering battle the "Active Formation" is formed allowing valuable bonuses for executed set-up formations.
- Audio / Visual experience. – Breath taking graphics and effects that push the technical limits of the DS. Epic cinematic cut scenes and events that create and set the scene and direction of the gameplay and story line
Developed by tri-Ace Inc., Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is scheduled for March 17, 2009 in North America and April 3, 2009 in Europe.
More articles about Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume