Geneforge 5: Overthrow is set in the land of the Shapers, a secretive sect of wizards with the ability to create new life to serve them. Then their servants rebelled, and their whole world slid into ruin. Play a lone traveler in this strange land and fight to bring an end to this war. End the reign of the Shapers. Or, if you choose, join them and destroy the rebels once and for all.
The Shapers have the ability to create life in any form they choose. They can make living tools that obey their commands, plants that can flourish in the harshest wasteland, and powerful monsters to crush all who oppose them. The Shapers ruled the known lands, and any who tried to rebel or learn their magical secrets were destroyed.
But then their creations rebelled. Working with humans jealous of their masters, they stole the secrets of the Shapers and created their own armies. They created and unleashed new, even more powerful creations and matched the Shapers in savagery. And now, years into the rebellion, the war has settled into a gruesome stalemate. The lands are scorched, and city after city falls.
The two sides are so delicately balanced that one brave warrior can turn the tide. Will you help the rebels overthrow the Shapers? Will you help the Shapers regain their power, tempted by the incredible rewards they offer? You might be able to end this war. Which side will you choose?
Geneforge 5: Overthrow has a huge, open storyline. You can choose to serve one of five different factions, each of which has its own path to bring the war to an end. There are dozens of different endings and paths to victory. Help the rebels or fight them. Kill your opponents or use stealth and diplomacy. Focus on the storyline or simply seek wealth and carnage. No matter how you play, Geneforge 5 offers an epic adventure with plenty of replay value.
Geneforge 5: Overthrow features:
- Enormous world, with over 80 areas to explore.
- Choose among five different factions, each with its own beliefs, cities, and quests. Help the rebels or fight them. Your choices will shape the world.
- Dozens of different endings. Choose for yourself how the saga will finally end.
- Many paths to victory. Slay your enemies or use stealth and diplomacy to outwit them. Become engrossed in the storyline or just go out and wreak havoc.
- Lots of replay value.
- Prior experience with the Geneforge series is completely unnecessary.
Geneforge 5: Overthrow is available for online purchase for $28.
More articles about Geneforge 5: Overthrow